biggerbigben

Biggerbigben - Golf sold.. another new project!

lovely looking car you have there mate, and may I say your rear camber doesnt look too bad at that height! 8)

It looks like you have jammed a surf board inbetween the front seats :D

The camber dosen't look bad in those pics but it is still quite visable from the rear, would like to lower it a little more but can't really cause of the camber getting too bad.

I think its a bodyboard btw... :D Needs to be trimmed quite a bit, but next weekends job is WIRING! ARrrrrhhhhh :cry: :cry:

coming on nicely mayte, Jay's rims do suit yr car...

would be good to see it finished & running...

goodluck with it all m8..

mmmmmm I LIKE!

coming along nicely, when do you plan to have it completed by?

My target is to have it finished by end of March beginning of April, thats with everything complete apart from the re-trim! Considering I only have weekends and not all of them at that, thats going to be hard going. If you think that the interior (dash) requires moulds to be made, which needs glass fibring then filling to get a good finish you can understand the timespan involved. If you look at the upper pod that the stack display sits in, that was made from scratch twice because the first time it didn't look right, prob took the best part of 15-20 hours becuase I was learning how to do it. The top half of the dash has been made from scratch, it has some of the exsisting corrado dash moulded into it underneith in order to use the factory heater box and mounting points to yeild better quality etc etc... its all very time consuming. Not to mention the idea of re-trimming it all, which I have to add I think I'm going to do most of it myself bar perhaps the seats to keep the cost down.

Then theres the wiring, currently nothing works, the engine has stopped working as well which means there is a wiring issue somewhere between the management and the coils. Although I have tested the coils and they seem alright, I have a gut feeling that the ignition amplifier has packed up, that was brand new as well! Anyway, so the wiring has to be sorted this weekend in order to stay on track for the deadline. I don't want to be defeated but I might have to trailor the thing to Jabbasport to get it started and perhaps get the mapping done aswell.

Hope that gives you an insight as too how long it might take to be finished!!! :roll:

few weeks then :wink:

what we need here is a on going project woes section where people in the depths of a project (and despair) can cry there troubles out - who knows we could even have a competition to see who has the furthest to go! :D

I never look further ahead than my next job - I reckon I would start blubbing like a poof if I did

few weeks then :wink:

what we need here is a on going project woes section where people in the depths of a project (and despair) can cry there troubles out - who knows we could even have a competition to see who has the furthest to go! :D

I never look further ahead than my next job - I reckon I would start blubbing like a poof if I did

lol :lol:

Woohoo!!

I like where that interior is going. I am currently pissing myself and giggling like a school boy. I love the fact there are people like you, Renshaw and Lee around.

Good work! :notworthy:

Ben the car looks fantastic! Best of luck with it!

I love the interior/exterior/engine! :lol:

Class

its almost the size on my hi-fi in the house! I'm not going to have TV's etc in my car, just want a really good sounding unit, i.e a nice Alpine CD player with focal speakers, can't go too far wrong with those!??

agree. no need for ear busting levels of sound.

its 4 speakers + 1 sub for me all the way

I don't think I'm even going to bother with a sub to be honest, apart from the fact my boot is minimal as it stands and I don't really like attracting unnecessary attention on the road, the exhaust will do that for me... :D

A set of focals in the front and I might put a set in the rear door cards aswell, humm that thought just came to me!

I think only a sub can provide you with the full range of sound, I would like to be proved wrong though cos I would rather not have one either!

and as far as attracting attention, I never ever had the thing turn up so loud as you could hear the bass from outside, mind you I dont think there is that much thumping bass in type of cool 80s tracks that I usually listen too :D

i small sub, lets your speakers do less work therefore sound better, it also makes the cabin a nicer plce to be in cause it cancels most road/zorst noise.

sub aint to go boom boom boom all day long like some folk think. :lol:

ya can do them quietly.

stick a couple of 8's in there :D

stick a couple of 8's in there :D

Then I would have no boot at all! I used to have subs etc but I don't really feel I need them any more, I'm not after the perfect sound, I'm happy with some nice focal speakers up front and plenty of sound deadening throughout the car....

nice focal speakers up front and plenty of sound deadening throughout the car....

Yep that should sort you out. The sound deadening is key. It keeps the sound in and the noise out :wink:

I think it's safe to say you have ample power to compensate for the extra weight of dynamat!

I think it's safe to say you have ample power to compensate for the extra weight of dynamat!

Humm, I was chatting to a mate about this last night, he had just received 1.5x2.0 meters of the stuff and he said it weighed sh*t loads! So I've been thinking, I will need an extra 20-25bhp in order to keep above the 300bhp per tonne which I'm aiming for! therefore 370-390bhp is needed! 8)

300 per tonne?! Holy moly...is that taking the 4x4 drivetrain into consideration aswell? I can't recommend dynamatting enough...makes such a difference to the how the car feels and obviously you get the added bonus of improving sound quality.

300 per tonne?! Holy moly...is that taking the 4x4 drivetrain into consideration aswell?

300bhp per tonne will be flywheel power (to begin with). Jabba are going to map it FWD only and therfore I won't know what the lose of power will be for the 4wd to begin with. From what I have heard and read, people can lose anything between 40 to 80 bhp with the syncro 4WD attached. On a FWD basis I think it would be realistic to predict that 300-320bhp at the wheels might be possible, with the 4wd that will go to below 300bhp at the wheels. Time will tell....

At the end of the day it will be a quick car.... :wink:

THE BEAST IS ALIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally I got it running on all 4 cyl's !! Man its loud, sounds like a scooby.. :evil:

You wouldn't beleive what the problem was..... x4 1k resistors... thats it!

Anyway booking it into Jabbasport for mapping first thing Monday morning.... all I need to do is get the brakes to bleed up and its almost finished bar a complete re-trim.... :D

Congrats Ben ! All your going to have to do now is hold on to your

licence now. If you do lose it tho, let me be the first to ask if i can be

your chauffer. (Spelling)