biggerbigben

Biggerbigben - Golf sold.. another new project!

Every credit for your dedication and patience. Some real trick features going on too! The interior may be mad but the big power and 4wd does it for me. :salute:

Mate i am gutted i cudnt make it to the show!!

i really wanted to see both Jay and your car!

i love the interior! its just stunning! i rate the effort gone into the whole car! hope i can see it at another show!!

Atif

stunning car, everytime I went to take a pic of yours and g60renshaws there was always too many people around it to get a decent pic of it 8)

the only thing i'm not keen on is the headlamp intake, otherwise its a jaw dropping creation and a real credit to the hard work and late nigths that must've gone into it, well done ben, it looks amazing.

The headlight intake was just a bit of fun really, cheers for your comments about the interior! Well chuffed with the end result although I still have a few more bits left to do!

Every credit for your dedication and patience. Some real trick features going on too! The interior may be mad but the big power and 4wd does it for me. :salute:

Thanks OSV, that means alot coming from someone with such a mint corrado as yours! Yep the 4wd and engine are still the best bits about the car... hopefully it will be all sorted for next year and it might make it to a few shows under its own steam ??

Does look very good. What is there left to do, asides from a re-map (to sort the emissions for an MOT), before it can go on the road? Incidentally, could you not skip the remap to get it MOT'd, by setting the Haltech to run in closed loop below a certain throttle opening - 2% or something of that order, just sufficient to ensure closed loop operation at the mot test points (revs)?

I heard the MAP sensor didn't fail as such, but that the shonky Haltech connector screwed up! We soldered all the conenctions on Mark's car for that very reason - we didn't trust the crimps one bit!

Incidentally you must have got a fairly good base map for your car, as I heard your car goes like stink, whereas Mark's is as flat as a fart - it's majorly retarded, consequently boosting at a miserable 30kPa, and darn sluggish. A bit of a let down really, and it certainly secures future business for Jabba!

Roll on a re-map, for both cars!

I will speak to you with regards to the MOT over the phone as I would like to try and get an MOT without having it mapped. Did you guys make it to E38 in the end or not? And yes I will be sorting.solering the connections..nightmare! lol The whol engine is coming out for a complete clean up this winter anyway and I want to hide all the wiring as best I can!

Mate i am gutted i cudnt make it to the show!!

i really wanted to see both Jay and your car!

i love the interior! its just stunning! i rate the effort gone into the whole car! hope i can see it at another show!!

Atif

There will be another time to see the 'Coupehaus' cars together :D Next year hopefully it might be finished off!

stunning car, everytime I went to take a pic of yours and g60renshaws there was always too many people around it to get a decent pic of it 8)

lol, I know I was amazed by the amount of people looking at it... It was funny how some people really couldn't believe anyone could be mad enough to create an interior such as mine.. well there are others and there is a corrado with an AM DB9 interior coming soon! so watch this space!

All I can say is there will be plenty of times to get some pics and a good look at the interior next year!

. Did you guys make it to E38 in the end or not?

Nope, sadly not. In some respects it was probably for the better, as Mark's car is one thirsty ill-tuned beast at the moment, and it's still not in a very presentable state. I doubt it's any quicker than a well cared for mk2 8v at the moment, but drinks fuel like a chevvy short block! It does sound good though! 8) Had I not assumed Paul was staying, when in fact he was making just a day trip, I'd have asked to share a lift. Hindsight......!

Ben, famtastic work fella and gutted I missed it this w/e.

No doubt you'll keep us posted how it progresses.

Amit

Bloody hell.. what a piece of work! Superb Ben.. can't wait to see this car in the metal at some point! :)

it's soooooo worth making the effort to get to a show to see this car boys and girls... For a work in progress, it's still proper jaw-dropping stuff... 8)

Ben, famtastic work fella and gutted I missed it this w/e.

No doubt you'll keep us posted how it progresses.

Amit

Thanks Amit ! I still have alot still to do, the engine will be unrecognisable once finished and I hope to have a new 4wd system in there with a 6spd gearbox by next year as well! So still lots to do!

B

it's soooooo worth making the effort to get to a show to see this car boys and girls... For a work in progress, it's still proper jaw-dropping stuff... 8)

:oops: :oops:

thanks Henny...

Well done Ben.. cars awesome.. once I sat it all I wanted to do is drive the bloody thing!!

me too !!! lol will try and get an MOT soon! Nice to see you again chap and you car is looking as low as ever!

Well done Ben.. cars awesome.. once I sat it all I wanted to do is drive the bloody thing!!

me too !!! lol will try and get an MOT soon! Nice to see you again chap and you car is looking as low as ever!

kool.. yeah likewise m8..

cheers.. the phat bird in the boot enjoyed her wkend lol..