biggerbigben

Biggerbigben - Golf sold.. another new project!

With regard to the warning light feeds, do you not have the fusebox to clocks loom, with the multipin plug on the end. That has everything on it, including all the dial light feeds?

jay

the plug onto the back of the headlamp is a 4 pin plug, and you CAN'T get it on wrong... (well, not without REALLY trying! :lol: ) It should have earth, +ve for side lights, +ve for dip beam, and +ve for mainbeam.

How have you done the wiring for this car? Have you used the standard fuesbox, or have you done your own thing? I've kind of assumed that you've done a bit of both.... Have you got the original dash loom still? That'll have all of the connections you need... If you do have it, I'll dig out the wiring colours this evening and post 'em up tomorrow for you... 8)

*edit* bugger, Jay beat me to the old loom suggestion due to our winging news team actually making me have to do some work! :lol: :roll:

With regard to the warning light feeds, do you not have the fusebox to clocks loom, with the multipin plug on the end. That has everything on it, including all the dial light feeds?

jay

right, yes, I was waiting for someone to pick up on this. Ok, I do have the loom to the old dials and yes in theory the wires should be there for the full beam and indicators + handbrake.. however.. When I used the multimetre on all the white wires (they are differentiated by pin numbers not by color of wires) none of them had any power.. odd.. I tried the multimetre on all the wires for full beam, indicators and handbrake and non of the wires worked apart from one wire that was live all the time..., checked fuses and everything.. but no joy. So I removed that loom for good.

ideas?

Put the rado dash and loom back in :)

Seriously though you want to get hold of a dial loom, then at least you have the correct direct connections in to the fuse box.

Jay

ah, OK, I miss-understood that part...

Probable Dim/Dip problem then... ;) What have you done with the Dim/Dip resistor and associated relay/wiring?

*edit* Ok, been to the car - on a G60 at least, the reverse light switch wiring colours are: Black with red stripe and black with blue stripe, both around 3mm wires...

Hope that helps.

ok, just an idea with regards to the headlight plug..

The car has half standard wiring and half my own ;-)

See post above with regards to the idea with the old dial loom. This was my original plan but it never worked, i can't get my head around to why it doesn't work as in 3 or those white wires should be lighting up corresponding LED's in the dial pod for the indicators, full beam and handbrake.. ????

Put the rado dash and loom back in :)

Seriously though you want to get hold of a dial loom, then at least you have the correct direct connections in to the fuse box.

Jay

I do have it mate... all I did was cut off the end plug that normally went in to back of the dials hoping to splice into the 3 wires I needed. You would think it was simple, but to f**k if I could get it to work.

Arhhh.. maybe I'm not understanding it right. Perhaps there is a continous live feed (thus why one of the wires was always live) and the relevant wire is just earthed out and thus creating a circuit. Is that how it works? If I could find a half decent wiring diagram I could solve this but the Bently Manual wiring diagrams are shiTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT !!

B

I have a nice late spec interior you can swap with mine?

Couldn't work out where the thing with the red handles goes so I've left it as it is - looks good no? I bet it's the only like it on the scene!

Thank you Neil - you butthead.. lol

Ok guys, thanks for the help. I'm prob going to be up all night getting her ready for the MOT.. wish me luck!!! :)

Anyone going to bugjam? I might just be there ... ;-)

Good luck ben :D

Bet you're getting that funny feeling in your stomach at the prospect of driving it properly :cool:

The news...

After both myself and Mr Hartley (thank you sir!) spent the whole night working on the car, yes the WHOLE night! It went for its MOT at 8am this morning... well it failed, BUT, only on 2 things... first was an easy fix.. loose bolts on front hubs/suspension, the second was that for some strange reason the power steering wasn't working properly.. it seems fine now after a fiddle so re-test next sat.. 8AM!

Ben

That's good news - well a pass would have been pleasing, but to only hit those two snags after all the modifying is pretty impressive. Bring on next Saturday!

That's good news - well a pass would have been pleasing, but to only hit those two snags after all the modifying is pretty impressive. Bring on next Saturday!

True enough John! Thanks...

A quick piccy ;-)

billinjah,

thanks Bill... Everything seems fine now. Hopefully it will be on the road next weekend!

CoxyLaad,

Hey Coxy.. The camber issue is still there. I have just pushed the arse end up a little to try and keep it minimal. I will get it sorted sometime, just haven't got around to it yet!

Ben

nice to know it didnt fly through really, at least its been checked properly!

Will be great to see it - finally! - on the road! Are you taking it to mania?

I am certain that you could all that camber out you have with eccentric bushes, certain of it.

You need to keep some of it anyways

nice to know it didnt fly through really, at least its been checked properly!

Will be great to see it - finally! - on the road! Are you taking it to mania?

I doubt I will have the money tbh... but would have loved to have taken it! Maybe next year!

I am certain that you could all that camber out you have with eccentric bushes, certain of it.

You need to keep some of it anyways

Eccentric bushes will not remove 1.5+ degree's of camber mate! Trust me.. :wink:

Hey Ben.. good going considering how much work youve put inot the car.. goodluck with next wk.. hope to see it at no rice!!

Hey Ben.. good going considering how much work youve put inot the car.. goodluck with next wk.. hope to see it at no rice!!

I am plotting mate! Trying to leave it at my uncle's for that week, so yes, just maybe it will be there at the next NR ;-)

I am plotting mate! Trying to leave it at my uncle's for that week, so yes, just maybe it will be there at the next NR ;-)

awesome... fingers crossed :D