biggerbigben

Biggerbigben - Golf sold.. another new project!

Sh*t dude! Cannot fault it one bit. So you must now be gutted havin to sell?

What kinda price are you lookin for?

Or is it P.O.A. only??

does it not depend on the size of the cow? ;) :D

hahaha.. indeed! Miss Daisy and her twin who very kindly donated their skins for this project were well trimmed specimen, medium builds but both used to moisturise twice a day! ;-)

Sh*t dude! Cannot fault it one bit. So you must now be gutted havin to sell?

What kinda price are you lookin for?

Or is it P.O.A. only??

Its up for £13k complete or £12k as it stands..

Putting the 'SALE' on hold while I do some much-needed improvements.

So I'm looking to do a 02J Tdi gearbox conversion (internals) into the 02C syncro bell housing. This will not only give a much better spread of ratios for cruising but the potential top speed is quite serious. More on that later people..

Going to probably flatten the lacquer back and have another go in the engine bay and finish tidying everything so it will hopefully look neat and respectable, as its a mess still! Now its done over 1000 miles I can see what’s rubbing etc and take steps to make sure it will be all good for many 000’s of miles!

Really want to finish off all those little bits all over the car.

More updates soon as project corrado 20vt 4x4 enters its 5th year of evolution !!!

yeah yeah ... Its still for sale but I'm just improving it.. !

Will be fun to see the outcome of tdi ratios though... We'll have to get that group thrash at Bruntingthorpe sorted!

Not been on in a while, Ben, this sounds good and you know when you do that you definatly wont want to sell it!

dunno whether I mentioned it before on this thread(cant be arsed to look through it) but my 1.8T had tdi ratios and it was perfect. suited the character of the engine perfectly.

I stuck a 6 speed box in it and ruined it as a road car imo.

tdi gears are a good move with the torque spread you have - third gear will waste everything!

hehe.. wicked! I think that just confirms it for me.. I'm on the look out for a tdi gearbox.. one on ebay at the mo for £35 !

Thanks Coxy! Whens your damn corrado going to be done? March is approaching soon you know! lol

Bought a tdi gearbox.. You guys are going to love this, I've been searching for a gearbox with the part number beginning in CTN. The reason for all the excitment is "IF" there were enough grunt from the engine and 7000 RPM was possible in 5th gear.. guess what speed is possible!??! ..... are you sitting down? .... ok.. = 214 mph!! hehe.. ;-)

Won't get anywhere near that with 340bhp but its a start.. Really its the low rpm on the motorway I'm interested in and the fact I will be able to hit 78mph in 2nd!!

Are those new ratios you've bought for Karls old box??

*** Broke down on sat.. but uuurrrhh nothing wrong with engine - I ran out of fuel... hahahah..!! ***

hehehe.. yeah well.. what can I say.. hehehe.. to be fair I haven't set the fuel level up on the STACK yet.. but going to soon!

Yeah, got the tdi box almost stripped down this afternoon, but ran out of time.. But good news is that I have 2 weeks off soon as I'm changing jobs so I will have lots of time to play with car stuff ;-)

*** Broke down on sat.. but uuurrrhh nothing wrong with engine - I ran out of fuel... hahahah..!! ***

hahahaha sorry mate.

Dodgy fuel pump eh.

Least a cheap easy fix glad its not broke.

Simon