Sign in to follow this  
Leonard

Im thinking of buying an MX5...

Am I alright? :nuts:

Figured it would be a fun way to do the 10 mile twisty road commute to work this spring/summer. With the added bonus of saving a bit of petrol.

Bit worried about the image though :camp: , despite being 100% real man :grin: .

Good idea :shrug: or :epicfail:

I raced the 2 litre and 1.8 at a track in Ireland with mazda and there fantastic little cars handling is second to none you will have great fun on the twisties. :clap:

I raced the 2 litre and 1.8 at a track in Ireland with mazda and there fantastic little cars handling is second to none you will have great fun on the twisties. :clap:

Defo be nice to get back into rwd again! And figure at around £2.5k I can have a lot of fun and not worry too much about binning it :grin:

Nothing wrong with them image wise, anyone who says 'hairdressers car' is a pillock and has never driven a good one...

I was looking for one but drive a nice looking shed, i needed a car fairly quickly as i had sold my car so found myself back in a corrado, not for want of trying to find a MX5 but time wasnt on my side.

Got to be a Mk1 Eunos though imho, try to get one thats not been in the UK for too long as the salt on the roads makes them rot badly.

Also the Eunos came with better spec, air con trick suspension on the V spec and LSD as standard.

Id have one but its finding the good ones, check for rot on the rear sills and chassis rails...

how much you thinking of spending?? have one fresh out of the paint shop that will be for sale when I come home

My sister had one of the special California editions, she owned it for about 4 years,used it everyday,never had any trouble with it.Only sold it as she done the marriage thing with kids !

Must point out she is a Physicist, definitely not a hairdresser. :D

Got to be a Mk1 Eunos though imho, try to get one thats not been in the UK for too long as the salt on the roads makes them rot badly.

Also the Eunos came with better spec, air con trick suspension on the V spec and LSD as standard.

Id have one but its finding the good ones, check for rot on the rear sills and chassis rails...

Defo a Mk1. But as you say not many decent Eunos knocking about. Was thinking of getting a 97 UK car and maybe adding a dif at a later date. Not bothered about air con as roof will be down! And roads around me are pot holed to buggery so dont think i will mind std suspension either.

Cheers for heads up on rotting areas.....

how much you thinking of spending?? have one fresh out of the paint shop that will be for sale when I come home

No more than 2.5k but hopefully nearer 2k :grin:

What you got?????

matts gonna go to a gay bar gay bar :lol:

Ha ha ha bit of a u-turn from a 4.0L V8 admittedly, but then again I don't have to compensate for anything :grin:

4.4 v8 actually :) and the last time i looked i had no need for a big engine.

ask ya missus :lol:

4.4 v8 actually :) and the last time i looked i had no need for a big engine.

ask ya missus :lol:

I did she said you were lying and could possibly do with buying a Dodge Viper :grin:

Oh well obviously too much time on my hands, just bought one off ebay. Pick up next Saturday :grin: and Countryfile says it is going to be sunny :clap:

And now I find out that the car that has been maintained 'regardless of cost' has no tax and no service history whatsoever.

Bugger, oh well hunt continues...

Nice wasnt it

!BnE,Pug!mk~$(KGrHqYH-E!EtsPoFF-iBLiBV,jG8w~~_12.jpg[/attachment:3mxpdx5g]

Oh well better to have loved and lost and all that :lol:

No more than 2.5k but hopefully nearer 2k :grin:

What you got?????

its my GFs ill get her to spec it & ill send you the details mate 8)

Just got this basic info off the boss:

its a J reg, 1992, Eunos Roadster (import) 1600cc, full stainless exhaust, strut brace 15" alloys, roll bar, wind deflector (if wanted - if not, your kid can have it cos think it would fit her car too),

& hardtop available separately

she is wanting £1500 - its literally just come out of the paint shop.

Pics if wanted :D

Defo a Mk1. But as you say not many decent Eunos knocking about. Was thinking of getting a 97 UK car and maybe adding a dif at a later date. Not bothered about air con as roof will be down! And roads around me are pot holed to buggery so dont think i will mind std suspension either.

Cheers for heads up on rotting areas.....

you might say that about the air con thing but having owned a few convertibles i would say that a vert needs it more than any other car,

Sometimes its too bloody hot to have the roof down or if your on the motorway with the hood up the heat through the roof can be unbearable, you just havent got the protection of a steel roof skin and roof lining.

Personally i wouldnt buy one without air con but thats just me...

Also UK cars are worse imho for corrosion.

Just got this basic info off the boss:

its a J reg, 1992, Eunos Roadster (import) 1600cc, full stainless exhaust, strut brace 15" alloys, roll bar, wind deflector (if wanted - if not, your kid can have it cos think it would fit her car too),

& hardtop available separately

she is wanting £1500 - its literally just come out of the paint shop.

Pics if wanted :D

Go on then mate send pics of the bad boy over :grin:

matt.w.j.clarke AT hotmail.co.uk

Cheers!

Matt

(if wanted - if not, your kid can have it cos think it would fit her car too),

I'll just translate that bit.

If the buyer wants it, if not then VAg-Hags sister can have it cos........ :?

So what's the g/f going to be driving Chris? You lending her the C so it gets some use while you are out of the country?? :grin:

I used to call them hairdressers cars - Until I was supplied one as a courtesy car.

They are fantastic - soon change my mind about them.

I did notice most women drivers do check you out when driving an MX5!

I couldn't have one as a daily driver - but for weekends they are brilliant!

Superb cars, and nippy with it (more so than you might think). Any lack of straight line performance is more than made up for my their sure-footedness.

I'd echo what others have said about getting a Mk1 Eunos too, a friend has just picked one up from eBay and it's a corker.

Cheers,

Tom

...And if you get bored of it you can turn it into a Westfield!!

8)

(Depending on its year)