Sign in to follow this  
Owen VR6

Fog lights

So i need to replace the glass on both of my fog lights, one has a piece that's fallen out completely :gag: and the other is cracked so on it's way to being like the first.

I have a mate who works for VW Audi spares and he tells me that i have to buy the whole unit, light and all as they don't sell just the glass..........

This sounds daft, spending around £90 each for the units when all i need is the glass? I'm not saying he's wrong but does anybody else know either where i can get cheaper ones or what's the best alternative?

I just looked on Venom and they've got the crystal ones including the indicators for £174, don't really want to have to spend that but if there are no other alternatives i may as well go with nice shinny ones!

Cheers

Owen

there is a site in the us that sells just the lens you have to glue it on with silicon think its included but far cheeper

but i can for the life of me remember the site

i have the inpro units and i like em but they arnt to everybodys tast and not sure how they would look with oem lights ???

I got an email for a guy that does the glass. Problem is I cant get the emails right now, His name is Christian Olmsten or something, Its proper bosch glass to. Somebody might be able to get his email, you could google him

i've just noticed one of mine has cracked again, already replaced it once paying the £90 odd from VW, not sure i want to pay it again :(

ill add to that, need a new fog as one is smashed and its gone all yellow :( group buy possbily?

if you buy new then you really need to get some laminex on them to prevent all but the worst of the impacts. i know that thats not much comfort now, it wasnt when i introduced mine to armco either.. :(

I got an email for a guy that does the glass. Problem is I cant get the emails right now, His name is Christian Olmsten or something, Its proper bosch glass to. Somebody might be able to get his email, you could google him

His name is Chris Olmstead and he no longer does them. However, the baton was passed on to Ricky Ward. See this post: http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=91673&start=0