Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

Drove one of these today....

No worries - infact I don't have an R32, my daily's a Mk2 TT 2.0TFSI. Fast enough for me. The good thing for me about the Golf R is at least it has 4WD - might need to pop into the local VW dealer and have a butchers.

forgive me if im being dumb but whats the/is there a difference between an R and an R32?? :scratch:

Personally I would save some money and buy the cheaper, better equipped and in my opinion better looking S3

The S3 is far from better equipped but there are better deals to be had on them as it's a run out model.

I'd still rather have the Golf R though. The S3 looks like every other S-line A3 on the road.

Went out in a Scirocco R on Friday - very impressive but not 30k impressive

We've got one in as a demo as well Joe, and I agree that it is extremely impressive (can't wait to try the Scirocco) but I'm afraid I agree with Andy more. There is no way in hell that I'd spend £27-32k on either, it's almost criminal that they are asking that much.

To put it into context today I've been driving a 3.0TDi S-Line A5, now that has way more toys, better quality, quattro system, does 0-60 in 5.9secs and was yours for just over £30k. Hate to say it but there wouldn't be a choice if I was spending that sort of money I'd be heading straight to Audi/BMW/Porsche etc

Sorry VW

Wait and see who much the new S3 will be!! The one thing going for the R is the lack of numbers, they should retain the value very well so its a big investment but to me you will loose less than other comparible cars like the S3. The S3's are ten a penny up here at the moment so Id rather have a bit of exclusivity. If I had that sort of money Id seriously consider one.

The thing is we haven't sold a single golf r. Everyone who has placed an order with us has just walked through the door and said "can I have a golf r please". And as I've said on here before I've sold loaded regular gtis for more than it would cost to buy a standard r. VW know there are more than enough people to fill the order books and that they could probably charge whatever they want.

As coullstar says though lets see how much the new s3 is....