Sign in to follow this  
jpowell79

FUC***G C**T wardens!!!!!!!

C**TS!!!!!!!!!!!

I parked round my grandparents house this morning (outside their garage I might add!) and have just been told I've been clamped, and have to pay £110!

Why?

Because apparantly the residents car permit I had on the dashboard was......wait for it....... "Partially obscured"!!!!

low life scum!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words:

For much less than £110 you could probably get yourself an angle grinder and grind the damn thing off...

just pay and then dispute it and tell them not to be c*nts in future. if you couldn't prove that it was valid then thats one thing but as you can then they have no reason not to refund you.

For much less than £110 you could probably get yourself an angle grinder and grind the damn thing off...

here here! just cut the F**king thing off! I've delt with those monkey's before and as far as I'm concerned they're all knobs that deserve what ever the public can give them!

If however you wont to be civilized about it, go to citizens advice... and take a picture of the car and the windscreen with the permit in the view and see what they say. I'm sure you have rights, but the second you pay the money your agreeing to their terms and your stuck... hang in there! Fight the power! :salute:

just pay and then dispute it and tell them not to be c*nts in future. if you couldn't prove that it was valid then thats one thing but as you can then they have no reason not to refund you.

LOL refund! do you know how much it would cost for him to dispute the money after he's paid? From experience with small claims court enless you've lost in the region of £2000 you'll never get your money back. Getting a solicitor to write a letter is £100! :shock:

dont cut it off.

I removed a clamp myself and was told my the policeman after that it was criminal damage just to touch it (i unbolted the wishbone and slid it out as the clampers turned up to check it as they were apparentlly driving past)

you'll only get into trouble as they have your reg etc and they are b*stards so will try and get even more money out of you.

I'd second the pay it then dispute it method

scum, absolute scamming scumbags. angle grinder... cut it off, then lower your car so in future they can't get the clamp on. or even better, if you know anyone with a tow truck get them to tow your car away. then they have lost themselves a clamp and you can grind it off elsewhere.

on another note why not add a little scuff to an unoticeable area on your arch and call the police and tell them these scumbags damaged your car in the process, serves the tossers right.

LOL refund! do you know how much it would cost for him to dispute the money after he's paid? From experience with small claims court enless you've lost in the region of £2000 you'll never get your money back. Getting a solicitor to write a letter is £100! :shock:

I think you're a bit confused! he's not talking about some cowboy clampers - it was a residents permit and for all council parking tickets there is a right to appeal. just because you get clamped or even towed away doesn't mean that you lose that.

wardens may be told to give tickets and let someone else (the owner) ask questions later but councils have to be fair and it is proven that, in the majority of cases, appeals to parking offences are successful.

so therefore as yeti says, do not be all impulsive and get arrested and a record for criminal damage by cutting anything off, but follow the normal process and then still call them c*nts once you've got your appeal approved....

I think you're a bit confused! he's not talking about some cowboy clampers - it was a residents permit and for all council parking tickets there is a right to appeal. just because you get clamped or even towed away doesn't mean that you lose that.

wardens may be told to give tickets and let someone else (the owner) ask questions later but councils have to be fair and it is proven that, in the majority of cases, appeals to parking offences are successful.

so therefore as yeti says, do not be all impulsive and get arrested and a record for criminal damage by cutting anything off, but follow the normal process and then still call them c*nts once you've got your appeal approved....

so it was a council parking attendant? I didn't realize they used clamps lol. I thought it was some local crappy firm that councils often sub out parking for them to manage. If it is private then I would still hold my ground, my previous experience with them would lead me to say that once you have paid you can complain untill your blue in the teeth but they wont budge, leaving the only recompense to be sought through the small claims court. Which is silly but thats all you have.

And i was only joking about the cutting it off BTW! :lol: but lets be honest its what you wont to hear isn't it

If its the council though then crack on, they have a duty of care being the council and can't just ignore you like a private firm can... still c**ts though! :camp:

Er, yes, I also was only joshing about cutting it off... :) that would be a last resort if you got clamped by some cowboys. As it's the council, just pay up and then complain, there's a good chance they'll refund you if they have genuinely made a mistake.

a mate said he has an angle grinder and will just go and chop it off for me......

I guess I could just turn up 10 minutes later and drive off "assuming the clampers have seen sense and taken the clamp off for me" ??

I wasn't joking, sick to death of the council, the police and this country. Do what the F:censored:ing like and they get away with it because they are the council... ring them up, shout at the top of your voice, scream shout and tell them to get out and remove it before you remove it by force for illegal clamping. take a picture of the clamp next to your parking permit and say seeing as you were parked perfectly legal you assumed it was a new scam in which a theif clamps your car and waits for you to pay up, if you don't they come back on the night and remove your car.

now im off to the vent your spleen thread

now im off to the vent your spleen thread

:lol:

Go on boy, give it a good venting!

As the others have said, if the car was clamped unfairly, the council will have no choice but to refund you. I would research it though. Apparently there is a public document on the government's website somewhere containing an A4 sheet's worth of the exact scenarios where clampers are allowed to immobilise your vehicle, and I'm afraid "partially obscured permits / tickets" is one of the permissable ones :? It is also the one the wardens like to use the most when they can't find any other legitimate reason to clamp your car.... the kents.

Still, I would rather have the Council control the tickets and wardening. If some private 'security' firm managed it, the costs would be even higher and you have absolutely no consumer rights.

Dont understand how this hasnt been stopped by now.Cant use these things in Scotland. If your feeling nasty you could always stick a few razor blades around the back of the boot and slice the barsteward up when they come to remove it.

Then again better not :nono:

a mate said he has an angle grinder and will just go and chop it off for me......

I guess I could just turn up 10 minutes later and drive off "assuming the clampers have seen sense and taken the clamp off for me" ??

The last thing you wanna do mate is cut it off, then they have a case for criminal damage and there's no way out of it.

I also wouldn't just pay it and then try to claim your money back, coz you'll never see it.

I'd try to get in touch with them before you pay anything, and if they don't want to know until you pay. Pay with a credit card, then you can dispute the matter with your card company and you're more likely to get your money back.

You can try to charge them back with breach of human rights, make sure they have a legal certificate to clamp, if they don't you're laughing.

Just don't sign ANYTHING, the moment you sign anything or admit to anything, you're fucked. You don't have a contract with these people so you are not held to anything. Same as TV license ... Just don't pay it, they can't do anything to make you pay ...

In my town there are a lot of shop keepers protesting against them, for example on the door of the chippie it says traffic warders not welcome, something like if you wont help us we wont help u! it was on the local news and everything! I know this may seem harsh but in your case thats absolutely shocking what they did!

OK as omeone who knows the law very well.

DO NOT DAMAGE THE CLAMP you will be prosicuted for criminal damage!

DO NOT PUT RAZOR BLADES ANYWHERE you will be prosicuted for asualt!

Also you can not claim that youre Human rights have been breached, only a Goverment organisation i.e Police Nhs Schools etc can breach the human rights act. Also even if it is a Goverment organisation (im guesing its a privrate company) i.e local council they havent actualy breached any Human right!

The best thing you can do is speak to the manager of said company before having the clamp removed, explain that you do and can prove that you had a permit to park there, explain that it was an inocent mistake and that if they insist on charging to remove the clamp, you will take them to a small claims court, claim for time lost the inital charge, and the solicitors fees as a matter of principall explane that removing it for free anc confirming your entiltment to park there is and should be the common sense approach, good luck.

Went to the parking office to make the payment. I asked the guy behind the protective glass if he could tell me what the "clearly visible" permit number on my permit referenced?

him

"I am not at liberty to share this information"

me

"So will you at least admit that the permit number, which was not obscured in any way, confirms whether or not the permit is valid?"

him

"if you would like to dispute the matter, please fill out the appropriate form"

me

"I will be disputing the matter. I'm just asking you a simple question. Does the permit number, which was clearly visible at all times, tell you on your system that the permit was valid"

him

"As I have already stated, if you have any issues, please fill out the appropriate form"

me

"ok fine - do you enjoy your job?"

him

"it is of no concern whether I enjoy my job or not, and I will simply refuse to attend to you if you continue to be confrontational"

YOU CAN'T WIN!

and to top it off I had to wait an hour and half for them to come and unclamp it!

:bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words:

just reading that makes me mad as fu**.

the way they talk to you, confrontational, ?

what a joke.some things you just have to except!!

Firstly i'd pay the man, all be it in 1's and 2p's, then i'd dress up just like this :camp:

madmax.jpg

buy myself a Interceptor

madmax3big.jpg

then go vigilan-tay on there ass!! :wave:

A little extreme though, maybe

hahahahahahahahahaha brilliant!! :lol:

Was planning the 1p & 2p trick with the courts ... but you can only pay by cheque, direct debit, or at a manual pay station :(

Yep, under Scottish law clamping is essentially extortion. I'm glad it is unlawful to do that up here :D :D :D