Sign in to follow this  
mattnorgrove

Aqua Blue VR MOT PASS!!

Well I finally did it and moved up from the valver to the VR6 you see below!

The valver served me well for the 2 years I owned her, but this is in another league.

As you can see, she's a '95 VR6 in Aqua Blue Pearl (LC5U), with black cloth interior.

104k, FVWSH, 2 owners from new, owned by a surgeon for the last 9 years and he has spared no expense maintaining her at VW Main Dealers in Kent.

Immaculate condition inside and out, really is not a single mark on her anywhere.

Totally standard, all the electrics work (including the sliding sunroof).

Couldn't stop smiling on the 170 mile trip home, gotta say, she was worth the journey.

I'll add more pics when the weather allows, want to treat her to a Megs 3 step treatment first, but for now, here she is... :D

DSC00500.jpg

DSC00499.jpg

DSC00501.jpg

Nice one Matt, you did'nt hang around once you got the funds for it did you !!! Looks like a cracker with a great history.

The best colour aswell imo....bar none !!

Enjoy 8)

Nice one Matt, you did'nt hang around once you got the funds for it did you !!! Looks like a cracker with a great history.

The best colour aswell imo....bar none !!

Enjoy 8)

Couldn't let this one get away! I was hours off getting an Ice Grey Violet, also mint, and was JUST pipped to the post, so I was all over this one like a rash!

Loving the colour too, very nice in bright sunshine! 8)

Very nice and standard (for now)

Really don't wanna mess with the comfort of the ride, slammed the valver and it really pissed me off in the end. If theres a kit that can lower a little, 35mm say, and retain all the comfort, I'd probably go for it.

I know a lot of folks go for th Koni/H&R combo, does this retain original ride quality/comfort?

Had a good look through the suspension discussion thread, but there's too much in there to gain a definitive answer I think...

So what would folks recommend? :D

Congratulations on getting a VR6 mate. You'll never look back can promise ya.

Dont rush the lowering. I did as soon as i got my VR and was not happy with what i did cos it went too low and scrapped everywhere. Ended up "unlowering" a little with replacement springs it and adding Eibach ARBs and have been much happier with the new set up. Vince did it for me incase you wanna know who/where.

Cheers for that DEL, will probably leave it for a while anyway, as its all brand new underneath, dont want to waste whats on there already.

I reckon you're right about never looking back, the thing just keeps making me smile. :D

I reckon you're right about never looking back, the thing just keeps making me smile. :D

I know the feeling well mate. I've owned my VR6 since August 2003 and it still just keeps making me smile.

Quick update, been busy this week, cleaning sanding, wet n drying, tinting, and laquering a set of standard rears....

The result...

DSC00563.jpg

Tidies the rear end up nicely. Big thanks to whoever wrote the wiki guide! :D

Coming soon, Audioscape, MB Quart 6.5"s and a Genesis Profile 4 (Seen a factory refurbed for £159!)

lookin good mate.

The right looks shiny. The one on the left looks like it has a matt finish. is that just the picture or is one still to be polished?

re suspension, i will be fitting some koni sith Pi springs (c. 40mm drop) i believe the Pi give quite a compliant ride as opposed to the H&Rs.

lights look cool,i couldn't wait to get rid of the orange on mine. ive got a weitec -40mm kit on the way will let you know how i get on mate .

wow, nice corrado, looks a really good purchase

i got used to my orange rears now, doesn't look too bad imo 8)

btw, i bought the weitec springs and shocks kit, then couple of weeks later took the springs off and swapped them for Pi springs as these were the only ones i could find that worked with late spring caps, (which i felt were a much better arrangement than early caps with late mounts), also cured noisy steering when parking.

anyway the ride is pretty harsh, only lowered 40mm, but i think you get what you pay for really, if they were really good, people wouldn't spend twice or three times as much on suspension :)

Quick update, been busy this week, cleaning sanding, wet n drying, tinting, and laquering a set of standard rears....

The result...

Tidies the rear end up nicely. Big thanks to whoever wrote the wiki guide! :D

Coming soon, Audioscape, MB Quart 6.5"s and a Genesis Profile 4 (Seen a factory refurbed for £159!)

They've come out well, nice job mate! :)

lookin good mate.

The right looks shiny. The one on the left looks like it has a matt finish. is that just the picture or is one still to be polished?

Both sides are very gloss, just the left lamp is reflecting the sky as opposed to reflecting the house. Gonna get some better pics up when she's had the Dodo treatment.

Used Simoniz clear laquer (£7 Halfrauds) and Savage tint. Both very good.

Fitted 19 way LED bulbs with resistors on the bulb holder, work a treat but the beam pattern is too narrow, ordered some 45 way LED wide angle jobs to replace them, and give a "fuller" flash. The flash is still orange though so pleased with that.

Really nice example of a VR6 mate, paint looks mint!

Cheers!

They've come out well, nice job mate! :)

Cheers mate, my originals are up for sale now if ya fancy having a go yourself?

:D

lights look cool,i couldn't wait to get rid of the orange on mine. ive got a weitec -40mm kit on the way will let you know how i get on mate .

That'd be good mate thanks. Gotta lose the height on mine, but only want to pay out once, so want to make sure I go for the right kit 1st time.

wow, nice corrado, looks a really good purchase

i got used to my orange rears now, doesn't look too bad imo 8)

Cheers mate, she seems to be a peach so far (touches wood)

Worlds apart from my last C, hard to believe they're the same model!

Good old fleabay mate, search 1156 LED bulbs, I'd go for the 45 LED type ones, as the 19 LED ones which shine forward (well backward, lol) only, dont light up the whole reflector, they have a too narrow beam.

I've ordered these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=015

I reckon they should light the cluster up better, in all directions. bit hard to explain without seeing it.

The ones i've got in now are these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2X-Car-Amber-19-L ... dZViewItem

You'll see what I mean about the spread of the light if you compare the two.

But if you've not done it already, you'll need a resistor soldering onto each bulb holder to get the bulb to flash at the correct rate. Without this they flash on/off way too fast.

Resistor kit:

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/home.php?cat=656

Liking that pal. Aqua is one of my favourite C colours.

Cheers mate, I hope one day she'll be sporting your wheel of choice, gotta be one of THE most suited rims for the C, soooo OEM+ 8)

Liking that pal. Aqua is one of my favourite C colours.

Cheers mate, I hope one day she'll be sporting your wheel of choice, gotta be one of THE most suited rims for the C, soooo OEM+ 8)

Good choice.

Even my mates who are not the least bit interested in cars say how good the wheels look 8)

any news on the suspension front? got the weitec kit on mine {eventually!} brilliant to say the least mate!!!!!!!!!!