Sign in to follow this  
mattnorgrove

Aqua Blue VR MOT PASS!!

Hi matt, I had some standard rear lights off you many moons ago and saw this. Looked nice then. Bet it looks lovely and fresh now. Every cloud and all that.

Whats the score with the plastx stuff, does it clean up plastics/glass i'm guessing?

Cheers mate, yeah I remember that! You still local?

Had a look at your build thread earlier, liking the work you've done on your current motor, good skills!! 8)

The PlastX stuff is pretty much T-Cut for plastics I reckon. Rub it on, let it dry, buff it off, really good results though, you couldn't see through mine before, this stuff makes them really crystal clear again. Read good things about it on here, so picked some up off Ebay. Good for the rears too!!

Hi matt, I had some standard rear lights off you many moons ago and saw this. Looked nice then. Bet it looks lovely and fresh now. Every cloud and all that.

Whats the score with the plastx stuff, does it clean up plastics/glass i'm guessing?

Cheers mate, yeah I remember that! You still local?

Had a look at your build thread earlier, liking the work you've done on your current motor, good skills!! 8)

The PlastX stuff is pretty much T-Cut for plastics I reckon. Rub it on, let it dry, buff it off, really good results though, you couldn't see through mine before, this stuff makes them really crystal clear again. Read good things about it on here, so picked some up off Ebay. Good for the rears too!!

Yeah, i'm just down the road in burntwood.

Cheers, its took a while but i've got past the hard stuff now, should be ready for an mot soon, then there'll be another rado flying round cannock (well once its run in that is)

Really need to get myself some of that then, my front lights look like they've been sandblasted.

Really need to get myself some of that then, my front lights look like they've been sandblasted.

Don't know if it'll be any good on the glass fogs mate, think it's only good for plastics? Might be worth a try though...

Don't know if it'll be any good on the glass fogs mate, think it's only good for plastics? Might be worth a try though...

reeto, still worth getting some though i reckon.

So my recently acquired 288mm front set up went to be shot blasted earlier this week, got them back yesterday.

Also received this week, my DG Autotech conversion hoses (brilliant quality items), along with laser cut spacers (these need 6mm spacing same as the 312mm setups) and longer carrier bolts/washers etc.

Have sourced new O-Rings and dust seals for the pistons for a tenner a side from VW, so these are now in brand new condition, looking forward to fitting them once i've painted the calipers.

Am thinking of either black or silver smooth Hammerite, question is, will i need to prime/undercoat etc, or can i just whop the Hammerite on them?

What do you think chaps?

Finally treated the old girl to a bit of a makeover yesterday, started with a good wash, 2 bucket method, Meguiars Gold Class shampoo, using a lambswool mitt, waffle weave towel to dry off. Set to with Meguiars Quik Clay, followed by Meguiars ScratchX where swirling was worst and around the drivers door handle. Next up, a coat of Autoglym SRP, then finished with a good coat of Collinite 476s. Trim and plastics treated with Mer Exterior Plastics and Bumper Gel (great product, and smells good too). Well worth the effort, took about 7 hours all in.

Also a quick pic of my £40 "eBay special" sub install. Really pleased with the sound,it's really given the low end fill that was missing with just the components up front, and has allowed me to use the on board crossover on the amp (Alpine V12), so the correct frequencies are hitting the correct speakers. Fitted with banana plugs for easy removal if i need the whole boot, and held down with self adhesive velcro strips. Just the "hook" half used, attached straight to the boot carpet, doesn't move an inch.

Looks pretty sweet matty! i need to give me baby the same treatment when the ding has been repaired!

Dude, we need another forza session soonish! :salute:

Cheers chaps, it's took 10 years off her, well worth it!

Kris, would be up for that, you still doin the Tuesday night race?

Mark, it was done over 2 mornings, the sun doesn't reach the front of my house till about 11, so all the polish and wax went on in the shade... 8)

Kris, would be up for that, you still doin the Tuesday night race?

nope... it seems we've stopped... i'll post a thread up in general car chat soon! ;)

Passed again with flying colours!!

Well, almost, need the gearbox mount replacing, and soon enough a couple of new tyres for the rear.

Well chuffed! 8)