volksworld13

storm force 1 , on the road to exellence!

hi

just thought id start a restore/build thread on my corrado storm i picked up yesterday on saturday 27th.by the way my name is alex,24yr old and have been in the motor trade for the last 8 years, working for jeep /chrysler and now skoda.

The condition overall, fairly good, requires some money spending, shes going to be declared sorn soon , for a full makeover inside and out, im first starting on the interior , making it look new again, im ordering lots of new trims ect tommorow, to get some of the damaged scratched or broken trims replaced, the car is currently on 198k,completley standard i will eventually be taking the engine out , and doing a complete rebuild,with much attention to detail.

well the car eventually arrived yesterday, after breaking down on the way to my house, non start , aa out and said it was the immobiliser ,it got 250 miles down to cornwall from whales, and broke down 25 mile from my house, it had a dealer fit immobiliser, which i have removed yesterday, as the fob was looking knackered and causing non-start, also found the ignition switch knacked, will be ordering that tommorow, spent the afternoon on vagcat locating parts numbers for bits i need.

will get some good picys up soon, as im sure you all love them, to see whats happening! :Dcorrado.jpg[/attachment:21cj1q4v]

ok ordered loads of bits from vw, arrived today , and started fitting ,so here goes

prices below are not incl vat

drivers side seat bolster £31.41 last one in the uk, so will prob go back order poss obsolete?

ignition switch-£21.51

gearknob leather-24.92

handbrake handle leather-£30.99

handbrake hadle trim- 17.50

door stricker pin 2-£ 2.95 each

ashtray bulb £3.95

2 pedal rubbers £6.18 each

2 foliage seals£ 4.01

a few other bits wingmirror gaskets, rear wiper caps, clips ect,

total including vat £151.35

ignition switch was fiddley, but in, starts lovely, gearknob and hadle/trim on, built trims lower dash trims up, and ashtray bulb in.

just gotta fit the rest when i get time.

a picy belowCIMG1410.JPG[/attachment:abt0po5j]

ok done a few things this bank holiday, firstly cleaned out the garage , storm looks right at home tucked up in my garage now,nice and dry.

started stripping the front end down, to assess things/condition, steamed cleaned engine area, battery/airbox tray, archs and suspension inner turrets,to check for corrosion , all in all good. solid body, few bits need treating,will sort later on. also cleaned all the leather seats/door cards with heavy duty upholstery , the water was hanging dirty by the time iv finished. New door lock pins fitted, and adjusted correctly ,would barely open before. looks alot neater.

pics to follow.Corrado conversion V2 (3).pdfCIMG1412.JPG[/attachment:hjhdtmmy]Book1.pdfCIMG1413.JPG[/attachment:hjhdtmmy]stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfCIMG1415.JPG[/attachment:hjhdtmmy]ETKA Corrado.pdfCIMG1417.JPG[/attachment:hjhdtmmy]stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfCIMG1425.JPG[/attachment:hjhdtmmy]Corrado92.pdfCIMG1450.JPG[/attachment:hjhdtmmy]passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfCIMG1441.JPG[/attachment:hjhdtmmy]climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfCIMG1453.JPG[/attachment:hjhdtmmy]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfCIMG1421.JPG[/attachment:hjhdtmmy]CIMG1451.JPG[/attachment:hjhdtmmy]

This is a really good storm makeover thread. Stripping the front end is something I want to do to my VR6 once we get into the warmer months...Wish I had a warm garage to do it in :(

What will you be using to treat any rust out of interest....

drivers side seat bolster £31.41 last one in the uk, so will prob go back order poss obsolete?

I ordered one for my brother, friendly stealer told me there was only 1 left after i purchased it.

I arrived the next day to pick it up and was told someone has had the last one now. . . . . now i know who :D

Car looks lovely mate!

thats unlucky bud, they will prob go back order for 2-3 weeks, but should still be available havent gone obsolete yet.!

No I mean there was one left after mine (which I recieved) then you had the last one. Apparently that's it, no more being made

update

ordered new:-

instrument cluster illumination bulb- £3.95

outside temp sensor-£21.36

check strap foam cover 2-£3.14

new recliner handle for passenger seat-£3.76

trim-£3.09

clip-10p

cap-£1.40

total incl vat=£32.44

some more pics soon.

ok some new pics, new parts fittedstromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfCIMG1429.JPG[/attachment:1kua3n4r]Corrado92.pdfCIMG1432.JPG[/attachment:1kua3n4r]passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfCIMG1457.JPG[/attachment:1kua3n4r]climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfCIMG1458.JPG[/attachment:1kua3n4r]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfCIMG1448.JPG[/attachment:1kua3n4r]CIMG1446.JPG[/attachment:1kua3n4r]

Wonderful to see that a Storm has gone to a good home and is going to get some TLC... keep us up to date with more pics. Could read this makeover threads day in day out :)

thanks jim.

will keep the pics coming as they are always good to look at,ive got timing chains, clutch and cooling system overhaul next, just trying to raid my piggy bank/to get extra dough! :salute:

Glad it's gone to a good home and somebody who knows what they're doing (i.e. not me :) )

It's threads like this that make me want to sell my 4Mo and buy a rough car just to restore it. Sadly that's not possible and I'll be on a tight budget if/when I do buy.

what are you using to clean all the suspension turrents, battery tray etc?

i first steam cleaned the area with some degreaser, around the battery/airbox trays,struts, ect, to get the real grime thats been welded there for 15 years ive been using tar and adhesive remover, from work. then finsh off with a coat of mguires polish, seems to do the trick lovely still gotta do the other side yet. just getting time to do it. :D

more parts!!

new heater control cables.

defrost cable-£7.80

control cable-£10.23

cable-£12.74

total incl vat

=31.09

front bumper bolts-4 £2.17 each

rear bumper bolts -4 £1.84

new front end slampanel/wing bolts-10 59p

4 new bbs center caps-£10.13

rad cover sticker-73p

bonnet release cable with nipple ends £31.12

ciggy lighter bits/bilb/trim-£4.10

air filter vr6-£12.50

rear boot hinge covers-£2.96

more nuts and bolts,screws,washers ect.

total incl vat+£103.94

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfCIMG1483.JPG[/attachment:7lppt0rv]

currently ordered but on back order, new front grille, and rad cover.

some picys as always!passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfCIMG1478.JPG[/attachment:7lppt0rv]climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfCIMG1480.JPG[/attachment:7lppt0rv]CIMG1460.JPG[/attachment:7lppt0rv]

good work! Great to see another C getting the attention it deserves and looks like a lovely car too 8) Good luck with the rest of the work you have planned. I'll keep an eye on this thread for inspiration I think!

will do, just need more dough for parts, just trying to think hard on what parts will be going obsolete, so i can buy them now before they are gone forever.!! :brickwall:

its gunna take a while to get it to a standard im happy with, tucked up in a warm garage with a pit, is very handy indeed, im very fortunate!

Dude, wtf with the covers? :lol:

Looks like you've put condom's all over yer rado. :lol:

Lovely car though.