Supercharged

Laser VAG Wiring Terminal Tool 3932

This is what you need for releasing the terminals from OE plugs - very useful tool to have for loom type stuff along with some Scapa cloth tape.

Got mine locally from Bennetts for £5.70 + vat

http://www.bennetts.com/electrical-sold ... 683706.php

Slightly cheaper from here online - £4.80 +vat

http://www.toolsheduk.com/Q/444/2/4/Terminal-Tool.html

beats poking about with watchmakers screwdrivers :)

Indeed, I'm not usually a fan of cheap tools (and Laser make some real rubbish) but this seems to do the job well and the VW version costs nearly £30

Looks good- how do you use it then?

You poke them in the front of the plug and push the cable loom into the plug from the back, this should unlock the little tabs that hold the wiring into the plug and then you can pull the loom complete with crimp from the plug housing.

They can be a right fidely pain to work with but the ability to fit and remove wiring from plugs to re-wrap looms etc makes it worthwhile.

Basically the VW terninals have 2 locking tabs that clip into the plug, that tool simply pushes in and releases them properly so the plug / wire can be re-used.

Awesome! The rear speakers for my car have been cut right at the plug and I had not been able to work out how to get them out for repair. I knew there must be a tool somewhere, nice one! :clap:

Is it 'one size fits all' ??

I've only tested a couple so far but seems to work - got it from Bennetts on Foxhall Road by the way John - they had to order it but came in next day..

Female terminals and wire seals to go with the tool - http://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/product/680

So much neater than cutting and shutting existing wires. Simply start over with new terminals etc :D

Or if you have access to ETKA then there is a specific electronics catalgoue that last every plug and crimp VW have every made along with all the boots, clips and brackets.

If you find the part number on your existing plug and then feed that into the electronics catalogue there is a page where it shows male/female plugs and if you double click the plug and then click the box that looks like a screen in the additional info area it shows you all the crimps that fit in that plug.

Yep, all plugs, terminals and repair wires available from VAG.

Just tried to tool on a Headlight switch loom and an electric Window and Mirror loom and it works on every plug!

You simply slot in the plug side and pull the wire out the other... Fusebox plugs are interesting though, they seem to have an extra lock that slides across so you need to remove these bits first.

Yeah I've got them myself kev. There not any good for the ecu, they need to be tiny.

I'm still having problems with the lambda signal. I'm on Bosch sensor number 3 now, lol! I'm now liaising with Vince at the moment. He has suggested cutting the signal wires and running some test cables as the ecu terminals are a pain to get out even with the tool he uses!

Eventually if it cures the problem I would like to run a separate loom to the ecu for the signal wires and use proper terminals. I was looking at this set.