Sign in to follow this  
Critical_Mass

HIC Insurance

Cheers Scarlet i'll give them a bell. Chris Knott and Brentacre close at 5 mon-fri :( gonna be hard to get in touch with them

yeah I've thought that too - these companies must think we have nothing better to do in our lunch hours!

Well rang a few places. Bear in mind these are all prices paid monthly so includes the usual fees to do that

First off Performance Direct who quoted £790, which is £76 a month. Included mods and no valuation.

next

Brentarce who quoted £697 which is £53 a month - included mods. Apparently Brentacre dont do an agreed valuation.

and lastly so far,

Admiral with a multicar policy with the missus' lupo. My car was £513 for the rado and £363 for the lupo. Worked out as £1040 including the charge to pay monthly - included mods.

Just need to ring Chris Knott now, which i'll do tomorrow. Its not as cheap as i was hoping.

Saying that i did a quote on swiftcover and they quoted £400 and odd, which was £45 a month, but didnt include mods and no valuation.

I've been driving for 10 years and i've got 5 years no claims now - took car off the road a couple of years and had a accident which knocked 2 years ncb off. But i thought it would drop as soon as i got 5 years ncb and over 25 years old. :( booo!!! :lol:

The search continues.

Phoned up HIC today to ask why my premium went up and was told that all insurance has gone up 10% this year? Anyone know any more details on this? :cuckoo:

I have my Skoda VRS and original Corrado VR6 on an Admiral Multi-Car policy. When I took my no-claims bonus off the Corrado they told me I could put more then 2 cars on it...................I told them the new Corrado was modified, they replied they do modded cars. I started lising the mods and got to the fifth item before she stopped me and said "I don't think we would cover that" :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Brentache now covers the beast and as quoted before, Brentache don't give agreed values; in fact you would find it very hard to get any insurance company to give an agreed value. Apparently they stopped because owners where delibrately writing off their cars to get the agreed value as they wouldn't be able to get the price on a sale :censored: which is why polices are increasing all the time.

What I did with Brentache was send a full list of mods done to the car and also current photos. they told me that these would be put on file and should the car get written off the price of the items would be factored in to the settlement deal. Unfortunately I cannot tell you whether this is accurate as I don't fancy writing the car off just to find out :nuts: :lol: :lol:

VAG-hag & I get good prices from Fluxy year after year for both our modified C's.

VAG-hag has his on NCB, agreed value.

Mine's on classic agreed value policy [no NCB].

VAG-hag & I get good prices from Fluxy year after year for both our modified C's.

I*d forgotten about Flux until today, i did have a policy with them year before last but HIC beat their renewal. Will give them a ring tomorrow and see what they say. i really hate all this ringing around, its repetitive aaaaaargh! :lol:

I*d forgotten about Flux until today, i did have a policy with them year before last but HIC beat their renewal. Will give them a ring tomorrow and see what they say. i really hate all this ringing around, its repetitive aaaaaargh! :lol:

Flux won't quote you if HIC did, they are the same company

Flux won't quote you if HIC did, they are the same company[/quote:1fjkj4u2]

HIC are just brokers mate, I'm with them but actually insured with Jubilee Insurance.

No reason why Flux won't give a different quote, if they're both brokers then all they're doing effectively is ringing round a host of insurers for you, to get the best price.

No reason why Flux won't give a different quote, if they're both brokers then all they're doing effectively is ringing round a host of insurers for you, to get the best price.

they'll give you a quote but it wont be better. as has been said they are the same company so wont compete against each other as they would just be throwing money away. they will only compete against a 3rd party, and then only if the 3rd party is also using a different underlying insurer because the underlying insurer wont compete against itself for different brokers either..

well, just got a text from Greenlight insurance who i filled out my details with last night. They want £377.75 with mods! Brilliant. Just need to double check things are the same as its alot lower then everywhere else!

Thanks to who ever mentioned Greenlight Insurance :salute: :clap:

HIC put my insurance up last year until I phoned Flux. Flux gave me a much better quote which HIC agreed to meet. :)

If you want an agreed valuation you'll have to pay the premium with HIC to get it.

Dont know if any others do it.

Greenlight gave me a good quote last year too, just Brentacre were better.

If you want an agreed valuation you'll have to pay the premium with HIC to get it.

Dont know if any others do it.

Greenlight gave me a good quote last year too, just Brentacre were better.

Yeah i realise that, but HICs quote is double what chris knott and greenlight have quoted. Im considering forgetting the agreed valuation for this year at least and just going for the cheaper quote.

But what i wondered about the agreed valuation is are they obliged to pay out the amount that has been agreed. Or can they get out of paying the agreed amount at all... you know what insurance companies out.

To get the agreed value, you've GOT to fill out masses of paperwork and provide them with masses of evidence so that they will offer you the valuation in the first place, but if your car is worth masses its worth it.

However with HIC i find the stuff they get you to fill out just to start a policy is pretty ridiculous. They even wanted the engine number off my dads old Mk2 GTI Golf. As you can imagine being 23 years old the block and head were a bit weathered, and you couldn't remotely see it underneath the corrosion. Also made him take loads of pictures of it and were very pushy about the lot. And that was for a normal policy, so you can imagine what agreed value is gonna be like...

But yeah once you do get the valuation thats what they'll pay out. If not what would be the point? :lol:

Well i had an agree valuation with HIC for this policy that im on. Wasnt lots of paper work to be honest. Took some pics and filled out 1 or maybe 2 forms. Was more or less hassle free.

My car isnt worth LOADS! but its worth more imo to the book price. I just want to get a decent amount back. After all its got an engine in it thats done less then 20k on the clock. Just want to make sure i get a decent amount back.