Sign in to follow this  
Black Knight

Peugeot GTi 6/Rallye

Hello Corrado crew ! I just wanted to know your opinions of this car & have any of you had any good rips with one !

What do you consider serious rivals to your motor ?

Do you hate Corsa/Nova/Saxo drivers as much as The Gti6/rallye Crew do !

This is just a general enquiry ! I am going round most forums to get other owners opinions of Gti6/Rallye.

I rate Corrados but I reckon the only ones worth a sniff are VR6. They truly are top motors ! :evil: :p :fist:

Well to be honest, Saxo / Corsa / Nova's aren't really any match for cars like the Corrado VR6, or breathed on G60's.

GTI6 is probably a nice car, and 6th gear is a good idea for motorway cruising.. but having just got away from a french car, I personally wouldn't be in any hurry to get back to one!

I rate Corrados but I reckon the only ones worth a sniff are VR6.

You have a lot to learn about Corrados!

Haven't driven a Pug since my 205 GTi 1.9 so can't comment on the gti6, but it seems to be regarded as a pale imitation of the 205.

On driving satisfaction/grin factor I would rate the 205 GTi 1.9 ever so slightly higher than my VR6, but the VR6 is better in so many other ways...

not a peugot!

er... no. Each to there own, im certainly not gonna dislike someone because of there choice of car. I may dislike them due to the way they choose to drive their car.

I reckon the only ones worth a sniff are VR6.

not been in many then eh :wink:

Nice cars but the Gti-6 looks far too simalar to the rest of the 306's, dont rate there build quality - ok for a few years then I suspect rattles and all emerge. Supposed to be nice to drive with the 6 speed and all.

The Rallye looks even more plain,especially the white ones with the three clour sticker emblem on the side - even more of a drivers car than the GTi-6 though Ive heard.

Not the same class of car as the Corrado - Corrado's not a hot hatch and it was never marketed that way by vw.

I find Saxo's great entertainment on the road - saw an orange and black one the other day,wife & I had a right laugh.......Cant get over how some people spend a fortune on bodykits and turn a perfectly nice looking car into a heap! when Saxo's fall out of favour there gonna be worth about 2p Just mo

not a peugot! your obviously aware of build quality then ! It does leave a lot to be desired ! But performance wise the 6/Rallye is as good as any Corrado ! Apart from VR6 which is in a different league !

we don't hate them as such just what they do to them ! Might as well save money & buy something decent

er... no. Each to there own, im certainly not gonna dislike someone because of there choice of car. I may dislike them due to the way they choose to drive their car.

I reckon the only ones worth a sniff are VR6.

not been in many then eh :wink:[/quote:02a78] I have been in a few, early 1.8 16v, G60, later 2.0 16v & VR6 Storm ! & the only one that would be better than my 6 in standard form is the VR6 !

*mod edit - deleted double post for you - Henny *

Hey there,

My mate owns a Peugeot 306 GTi-6 and it's pretty good. Ok the build quality isn't the best and doesn't feel that solid, but it can shift. 167 BHP as standard and 6-speed makes it rather quick as quite light. It is also one of the best handling cars in it's class as will be backed up by the motoring press. Not as good as the Corrado but not bad nonetheless,

Cheers

BigTartanG60

my mate bought a 306 GTi-^ too, he was looking at G60s, but for some reason chose the french option.

He came from a 205 GTi, and loves the 306, but he doesn't know any better ;)

I can't stand these Nova's and Corsa's with all the race stickers, HUGE exhausts, and blue neons all over them. Always seems strange to me that they spend so much money trying to make it look less like a Nova/Corsa, and then slap "CORSA" stickers down the side of it, very odd. :roll:

Still, you can have loads of laughs with them at the lights, as they all seem to think that they can race you, you gotta love them for their optimism, still, they always say "ignorance is bliss", so some of them must be the happiest lads alive :mrgreen:

My other car is an X reg 406 and it's shite... no end of electrical problems and you look like a cab driver. A mate of mine had a 306 gti6 - it felt quick but the build quality and handling will never match it's german rivals...

Those of you that were at the last no-rice meet may remember a Corsa 1.2 (I think) with blue neons doing laps of the car park with his bass pumping -

:p THE JOKES ON YOU MATE - GET A LIFE! :p

The Rallye is a good car in the sense of it's intentions but red carpet, white paint and go faster stripes? No thanks.

The GTi-6 is better, but still flawed. So is the Corrado chock full of flaws but I'd rather have a bug ridden German car than a bug ridden French car, anyday.

used to own a S16 306 before the G60 and recently my cousin bought a GTI-6 and when i bought the corrado it was bog standard,,,,,so i have driven all 3 from standard

S16 & GTI-6 - amazing cars come with all the nice gadgets and extras and quite quick for what they are BUT you have to rev the bolloxs off em to get them going, once there going all is good, S16 is slightly more annoying in this factor than the GTI-6, even though the S16 is 12bhp less you dont really see any difference up until around 80-90mph and than there is a bit of torque on the GTI-6 thats got the advantage over the S16.......BEST thing though they handle absolutely amazingly no doubt abt it, even better than the corrado and thats not just the G60 all of em.....(standard for satndard) but for me they not a ideal 100% complete car and this is where the G60 wins (in my opinion) the torque, the pull the supercharger u cant beat it, not even in a GTI-6 :wink:

T-reg GTI-6 32,000 miles full dealer history

1992 G60 exhaust and k&n modded on 17's

NOT A LOT BETWEEN THE 2 but u know u wouldnt wanna be anywhere else but the corrado :mrgreen:

Really depends on the driver in these types of cars like the 306, when i had the S16 i caned a GTi-6 HARD but then i got caned silly by a standard RS TURBO :x

ohh well i was bored, hoped it helped a lil