C5 OEM

C5 oem .....great white hope

becoming one of my favourites, just show what can be done with a little hard work :notworthy:

cheers mate :salute:

You'll have the cylinder head in the dishwasher next......... oh yeh that was me.... dishwasher did stink of petrol for a few washes!!!!

Dropped these off yesterday morning and got them back this morning.. £15 per wheel is a bloody bargain..!!

DSCF8405.jpg

DSCF8403.jpg

DSCF8402.jpg

DSCF8401.jpg

powder coated, from a place near me. mossley tameside..

Very good price, most companies around this area want £25/30 per wheel - Mates rates?

Ian.

blasted and not laquerd, not bad finish for the time scale and cost but then i am very fussy..not mates rates

i would be a bit worried as they arent laquered on top, but they look great at the minute! i suppose some decent wheel sealant would help a lot

i would be a bit worried as they arent laquered on top, but they look great at the minute! i suppose some decent wheel sealant would help a lot

didnt think you needed to over the top of powder coating, just wax them and keep them clean.

it might depend on the powder coating, but i know some wheel refurbishment places laquer them afterwards

http://www.maxpowderalloys.co.uk/powder_coating.htm

that explains the process i am familiar with

As i thought, it wont harm the wheels adding laquer.Its says there to add extra shine and protection but doesnt have to be there..

it also says they powder coat the laquer on which will add another 60-80 micron`s thickness and loose some of the detail around lettering ect.

I used to do powder coating many many moons ago and the one thing this place does is to put the wheels in the oven before and after they powder coat them as the guy says it helps the overall finish and durability..

We`ll see how they last with our roads and winter.. :gag:

Dunlop sp01`s fitted thanks to Mr Lobitos ( nigel )..So all 5 wheels refurbed with brand new tyres... :clap:

DSCF8613.jpg

DSCF8612.jpg

DSCF8619.jpg

DSCF8617.jpg

Very nice! How you getting on with the back box mate?

cleaned up the tailpipe and just waiting to see if i can fit it in or if i need a smaller silencer...might even chrome it...?

few options to look into over winter..want the stock look but better fitting.