C5 OEM

C5 oem .....great white hope

looking great there pal, if you aren't already i would replace the bolts that see all the rain and crap down by the rad support panel - especially the two M8 bolts that have already been mentioned...

powder coating looks to have come out really well - will be lovely once it's all back together

:D

was looking to maybe clean them up using this technique http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129882

Bolts ordered from vw and just seen all the parts in fresh paint..!! bumper/slam panel/new grill and wing mirrors..pick them up tomorrow..pics to follow

:luvlove: :luvlove: nice. Bright fresh paint is lovely. 8)

Long way off yours and some others but happy to be improving bit by bit.. :notworthy:

Brilliant stuff mate. Going to be a an absolute minter when you are done!! :salute:

and car parts on the sofa,good effort!! my missus would hit the roof!!! :lol:

and car parts on the sofa,good effort!! my missus would hit the roof!!! :lol:

But they are clean.... so what's wrong with that???

Kip has his new suspension units stored under our bed. And we nearly had one of his 2 spare tailgates under there but he decided it would fit in the garage :help: :nuts: :lol:

Finally all back in one piece, good to see it all cleaned up and looking nice again.. :wave:

DSCF9081.jpg

DSCF9078.jpg

DSCF9071.jpg

DSCF9067.jpg

Looking good!

You must be a penguin to be out in this weather. Its freezing just down the road with me and so far today I've lasted two times 1/2 hours before the pain sets in.

Looks factory fresh :D but if I were to pick fault - your rear lenses don't line up so only 9.5 out of 10 :wink:

Oh by the way is your inlet manifold painted or is it bare?

Looks factory fresh :D but if I were to pick fault - your rear lenses don't line up so only 9.5 out of 10 :wink:

Oh by the way is your inlet manifold painted or is it bare?

boot wasnt shut all the way :wink: but think its maybe a tad higher and i`ve painted the manifold..

Looking good!

You must be a penguin to be out in this weather. Its freezing just down the road with me and so far today I've lasted two times 1/2 hours before the pain sets in.

last friday was the coldest, it was minus nine when i put the slam panel back on..!!

Very nice Mr Ice, how many bits have you got left over :thumbleft:

got two frozen nuts... :wave:

Good to see it back in one piece mate. Now go lock your tools away 'till at least March :lol:

just bought a new battery today and mot booked for friday at smith knight faye...!!!

MoT booked for friday at smith knight faye...!!!

I'll see you there then at some point on Friday ;) Scirocco is poorly.

Passed mot today at the main dealers..!!! get in there...happy with that and now it can go back on the road and finish off the rest of the work... :wave:

Nice one. Is that the first one you have put it in for?

I got one on my 8v yesterday, the first time I've taken it in as I got it this time last year with a 12 month ticket. :) :clap:

Nice one. Is that the first one you have put it in for?

I got one on my 8v yesterday, the first time I've taken it in as I got it this time last year with a 12 month ticket. :) :clap:

yep first one i`ve taken it for... only had it 8 months..feels like a life time..lol

Bloody hell it does feel like you've had it ages, you've done loads in the 8 months you've had it good work fella and congrats on the MOT pass :D