Heres the TC. PLenty of wires that normally make me come out in a cold sweat but might get some soldering practice and fit it over the winter. Cars running fine now. Getting about 280 - 300miles to a tank which I think is fine.

Ultimately if I had to decide between the two it would still be the TH2's/

thats a very good call Graeme, the comps are ok (if not a little boring) but the TH2's are just soo hard looking 8) also you considered a mk1 elise with a 300+bhp audi BAM engine???

After coming to my senses and deciding to keep the VR I did think about another toy. Im always on the look out for a Mk2 Golf 16v in silver but they are near on impossible to find so Id given up. Was even thinking of selling the Mk4 and getting an S2 Avant but I again came to my senses. Not the best daily runner.

Started looking again last weekend and went to look at a 2.1 16v on Pistonheads. Decent car but after finiding out a few things the engine spec didnt really suit what I wanted.

Id seen this on Scottishvag and always liked it. Seems like its been looked after and has just had timing belt, leads, water pump, filters, rear beam rebuilt, polybushed, braided hoes etc etc so I contacted the guy and decided to go down to check it out. Since it was down near Glasgow and I not the easiest place to get to I took a trailer just in case i liked it.

Took it for a run and realised it was about 10years since I last drove a Mk2. It felt so old despite only having 88kmiles on the clock but I loved it, doesnt even have power steering!!!! Drove ok, no real issues so did the deal.

Im going to sort the little bits of rust, fit my spare Corrado wheel maybe get some 280mm brakes and some more compliant suspension. Good to be back in a proper Gti, it makes me feel 19 again (feck I sound like an old git!!)

Nice! Is it Helious blue?

It's been about 10 years since I drove my last MK2 aswell. Sat in one about 4 years ago and compared to a Rado, it was like sitting in a Bus. Great cars though 8)

Yep, Helious Blue. It really does make the Corrado feel so modern but at the same time thats probably why I like it so much as its completely different.

Nice choice!!!

Looks really good of the sebrings too. Just needs a turbo now!!

I wanted a valver in silver, but only found one decent silver Mk2 in a year of looking so gave up and bought a tidy 8v, which isn't the quickest car but it overtakes when i need it to. I've ended up putting PAS onto mine as my wife couldn't park it (on street parking) and I have to say it's made the car feel so much more chuckable and nimble, rather than wrestling it around the corners.

The list of things to do to it is gradually getting smaller but it's been a steady trickle of things to do to it but it now feels rock solid and I'm just starting to really enjoy it. I hope you have fun with it. Parts are so much cheaper then for the Corrado!

Thanks, Id remember preferring the PAS on my old ones. It felt like a flat tyre to start with. The PAS rack must be quiker as well as it does need a fair bit of input to get round tight corners. Is it hard to retrofit? Rack and pump required?

Love that second shot. Wish I'd never gotten rid of my old mk2 when I got the Corrado, sold it for a bargain when I should have just kept it.

Seriously thinking about your wheels mate as well :lol:

Just needs a turbo now!!

Stop it! You're putting naughty thoughts in my head!! I really miss my old 16V Turbo Technics. Really good car. Completely reliable and fast as hell.

Just been through the history. Looks like it was a London then Kent car up until mid 2008 which probably explains lack of rust compared to a Scottish car. Its had a few belt changes and clutch change only 10kmiles ago. Every MOT back to 97 and every tax back to 92. It was registered 21years ago this very week!!!

I haven't really warmed as much to the comps (sorry gents :o ) as much as I thought I would but they look really nice on yours .......strange how they look so different on different cars :scratch:

like the new car aswell :shades:

I haven't really warmed as much to the comps (sorry gents :o ) as much as I thought I would but they look really nice on yours .......strange how they look so different on different cars :scratch:

Yeah, they look a little bland on mine :lol: Paint colour and wheels are like faces and hair styles :D

I must say, this is one of my all time favourite Corrado shots / stances...... you can't tell me the MO is a bad wheel in this shot, it looks amazing imo :salute:

Coullstarsrado.jpg

Thanks, Id remember preferring the PAS on my old ones. It felt like a flat tyre to start with. The PAS rack must be quiker as well as it does need a fair bit of input to get round tight corners. Is it hard to retrofit? Rack and pump required?

Best to find a 4 stud Mk3 in a scrap yard and take it all of that, that's what I did anyway. I also used the alternator and ribbed belt setup off the Mk3 as it's much better and all ties in with the PAS tensioner etc. Don't forget the boot and the down shaft too.

I's also forgotten just how good the lights can be when they are relayed and have good bulbs. Far better that the BM or Corrado. Not necessarily in terms of light output but a nice even light pattern.

Just needs a turbo now!!

Stop it! You're putting naughty thoughts in my head!! I really miss my old 16V Turbo Technics. Really good car. Completely reliable and fast as hell.

How about a Mk2 daily then Kev :D

yeah, in that shot the rado just looks so tough,proper meaningful.....and them wheels are just awesome. Always said 5 spokes suit a corrado best......just like some azev a's mmmm

First mod on the Mk2, had to have a bit from a Corrado in there somewhere :D . I must say Im loving it and its a good change from the torquey VR and Tdi.

:D !!

I have a seat foam you can have if you need one (no cloth), I bought it intending to use it for my drivers seat, but then found out late and searly seats are different...Didn't want to chuck it but I'm moving house in a couple of weeks, It's mint.

My seats look the same as your.

TH2's back on and took it for a quick wash. Doing my first trackday with it in a months time and should get it RR'd in a couple of weeks. Lets hope its dry.

First mod on the Mk2, had to have a bit from a Corrado in there somewhere :D . I must say Im loving it and its a good change from the torquey VR and Tdi.

Which is a polite way of saying it hasn't got any :lol:

There's a lot flat valvers out there. The GOOD ones kick hard relentlessly from 4 to 7K.

My old Helious was a freak. Totally standard it gave 154hp and 140lbft. Needless to say, it was a cracking 16VT motor aswell :D

The Black valver I had before that had a transplanted lump in it from a K reg valver and I did the 2 exhaust cam mod, supersprint zorst, filter, WUR mod etc etc and the most it gave was 144hp and 125lb/ft :(

You win some, you lose some!

Its not slow but yes you do have to wind the thing up, @88k miles its just run in. Ive been using it all this week. Got the tyres swapped for some 50 profile today to help with ride. Its polybushed all round with braided hoses all and in good nick underneath. Happy days, some Por15 sealent and its now ready for winter!!

Fitted a stainless exhaust to the Mk2. Bought a cheap DTM system that nobody wanted, and chopped the upswept end section off. Its not on in the right position but I'll get it fixed at some point. Slightly louder than I wanted but car does seem to pull slightly better above 4k. Was searching clubgti for some of my old posts and found this thread from 2003, I did say TH2 were my favourite wheel :lol: http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread ... ompomotive Ive also managed to source a PAS rack, line, pump etc for £20 :) . The non PAS is just too slow. Im also going for some -30mm H&R springs as its too low for me at the moment.

Spent tonight coating the underside of the Corrado with rust prevention paint. Gritters have been out up here so it wont be out that often now. Cannot wait for the RR in a few weeks to see how its running but Im in two minds on using it for th trackday. If its wet then I'll probably take the Mk2.

Ok the MO's went tonight and I took these in exchange + cash. Very nice 7x16in, BBS RX and new powdercoating in sparkle silver.

Will need spacers to clear Wilwood calipers though. Might get some sticky rubber or saying that I'll probably end up selling them if made the right offer :lol: .