Should be OK getting spare ProRace 1.2s Graeme as it's a retail wheel. Halfords are a major player for Team Dynamics. The ProRace 1s I had were officially a race only wheel and unless you're a race team or ordering 10 sets, they don't want to know.

What is it with bloody wheel makers? :lol:

Tricky one on the TH2s. I'd be tempted with the 7.5s personally.

Bit the bullet and ordered the two 7.5in wheels as they said they could get them to me before next Sat. Bloody expensive month for me again as I just picked these up from the post office. Went out to take a photo of the pothole but its been filled in so thats my claim scuppered :( .

Set of brand new 8x17in 1.2's on ebay, put a bid in of £220 and left it thinking they would sell for £300+. Missed them by £5 :lol: . Oh well, just spending money I dont have.

Got this today, will get the flanges welded on and get it fitted. Better last longer than the old one. I also lost all my personal photos when the hard drive crapped out on my computer so have been going through threads all week to find what I can. Found the photo below on someone elses thread. I think it looks right at home. Will be there again in 7days time :clap: .

Week off work so Im doing the oil and filter, exhaust off again to rejig it, get new front wheels on, redo alignment, fit new wipers and wash system and probably a few other things and fit a towbar to the Mk5. I think the wheels will be staying silver now.

last pic is nice - do the beamers know that you could blow them into the weeds (assuming that they've not been hugely modded too)?

Same cat as mine. It's a good un. Mine flew through the MOT yesterday, so it's clearly still doing it's job after 18 months of his Royal Turboness pounding it. I noticed yesterday the force of the turbo pressure through the exhaust has slowly pushed the rear section backwards and has been banging on the axle for some time. Need to get a better exhaust clamp I think, or V band the whole lot. Slip joints are no good for turbos.

Those M3s are easy prey on the roads but I don't think any Corrado would beat one round a track. It's what they were built for.

Yeah mine is v-banded and its a piece of piss to take on and off but I still get some knocking around the brake bias valve & steering rack although Im hoping to sort that out this week. Treated the car to some Silkolene Pro S today along with filter change. Good stuff this, use it for my bike as well.

Fitted the new wipers, new air filter and gave it a good polish and wax. Mintex pads are on so once new wheels get here I'll be all set for Knockhill next Sat. Heres hoping its dry. Took some photos with my new phone but the quality seems worse than the old one despite it being a better phone :confused4: .

car looks fantastic Graeme - very envious!

i'm also a massive fan of silkolene pro-s, would use it in my car if i didn't have to run specific oil.

please keep us updated - always love hearing what you're doing with it (and what iteration of wheel you're moving onto this week! ;) )

Looks great!

Been using Silkolene for the past 4 years but I just stuck some Gulf 10W/60 Ester in and that seems great so far too!

Funny you should say that the passenger side doesnt full clear the screen but Ive bent it a little so its better. I bought the one on ebay that have the integrated washer with them as I currently only have a single washer in the middle of the scuttle that doesnt really get enough liquid onto the drivers side. I dont want to cut the carbon bonnet either so these should work.

Cheers.

Feww more things done today. Fitted the integrated wash wipe system. Works well, and I can swith back to normal system really quickly if need be. Adjusted toe angle as it was slightly out after hitting the pothole, not perfect but should be fine for Sat.

I got a spare set of broken foglights so smashed out the glass and offered them up to the car. They should work fine as they are but the drivers side was right in line with the serpentine belt so I had a duct hose lying about that ive rigged up. This way I can put the good fogs back in for normal road use, this is only for when I take it on track. Bit rough and ready but should work.

Thinking about a set of 16in wheels as a spare set but obviously need some good caliper clearance. Usual suspects like OZ keep popping up then I found this photo. Oh dear. 9in look lovely but cant help they will tramline like hell. Maybe 7.5in all round.

Love the schmidts (sp) myself mate, I'd go for some 7.5 all round if it was me. Good break clearance as well.

Love my 17s but I'm tempted to go for some 16s myself at the moment.

Just priced them up from Rimstyle, basically £1k with decent tyres and thats 7.5in all round!!! Interestingly they have 8x16in ET25 TH Mono's @ £773, didnt think they were still available.

They also have ProRace3's for £683 all in but there only 7x17in. Maybe a thinner wheel with higher offset but with 205 tyres will help with ride quality and grip though.

They all sound good mate, do you want to go light weight? The modernlines aren't light! :lol:

If you're going for track wheels I'd be tempted to go thinner as it'll mean less stretch with a 205 tyre and a bit more give in the side wall.

My 8Js are giving me rubbing issues which is why I'd like to move to 16s. As much as I love how it looks I like to drive it fairly 'enthusiastically' which doesn't help arch rubbing.

Maybe, depends on what I find although just got some decent rubber on the TH2's. More for just a change really and a change in style. Problem is even my current wheels look a little lost in the arches.

....Problem is even my current wheels look a little lost in the arches.

Really? I think they look spot on. What are the dimensions on the current wheels? Is it a bit more poke you're after?

Were 8in ET35. There fine but I have to admit I do like wheels to sit flush with arch, its purely a cosmetic thing. Do like Jims car on the Borbet C mind you.

You won't get ride quality unless you A) go back to 15s or B) use continental tyres.

After 5 years of being on 17s, I'm so glad to be back to 15s again. It's a different car.

Stance is dull now. It's all about handling and acceleration for me :D