Sign in to follow this  
dubweiser

Are any of these right please?

HI,im tinkering with the idea of a power rohr for my corrado 9a engine and i have seen three (up to now) advertised all claiming to fit the corrado,howver they are all different so i guess someone is telling porkies ha ha.Anyone know which one if any of these are the right fit?And also is there a way of telling which is the right one for my car?Thank you,theres that many advertised on fleabay etc and the all look different but say they fit!! :confused4:climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf!BrjY+DQB2k~$(KGrHqIH-C!EvP2bEtluBL0JVdQYqw~~_12.jpg[/attachment:3v61o0ad]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf55-7111.jpg[/attachment:3v61o0ad]

I don't think any of them are,

doesn't your car have two pipes connecting to the main inlet pipe, overrun valve underneath and isv pipework to the side?

Yeah that was my problemHaving never really had this apart before i wasnt sure what/how many fittings it has for the power rohr to fit.Confused now.Looks like they all might be wrong then

Do you know about the 9a?

This is mine and it has one pipe coming off the side of it ( 9a engine)

100416_163417.jpg

It is for a mk2 but fits preaty well but knocks slightly on the suspension towner.

what about the overrun valve underneath it then???

You on about mine?

the only other pipes on it are on the under side of the rubber part that goes between the power rohr and the throttle body

Theres one that goes from the underneath and into the side of the airbox to open a flap? (i think)

I think theres also another one but i might be wrong :S

mines a 9a and it only has one pipe on that section

Picture 147.jpg[/attachment:39g2i1mo]

the second and third power rohr pipes looks like they would work, not sure if the first one will fit.

Picture 147.jpg[/attachment:3uv6rryn]

the second and third power rohr pipes looks like they would work, not sure if the first one will fit.

where is the over run cut off valve ?? :| :| :|

Picture 147.jpg[/attachment:3jkifdot]

Thats just how mine looks as well

Now im even more confused ha ha.The ones in the fotos are for sale on ebay in germany,quite cheap aswell but i aint sure if they will fit?

Ok so i have a bit more info about the blue one in the foto.Apparantley its for a golf mk2 gti 16v and a jetta 16v so do you think this would fit the 9a 2l corrado engine?

None of them are for the 9a.

I bought the second one from ebay which is the same as the blue one, only silver, and it doesnt fit because both ends are circular whereas the pipe it is replacing has one circular end and one oval end.

Saying that, i have heard of some people 'making' them fit, it shouldn't be too hard a job. Just bend the pipe a bit and stretch the rubber a bit!

Hope this helps.

Kunaal

None of them are for the 9a.

I bought the second one from ebay which is the same as the blue one, only silver, and it doesnt fit because both ends are circular whereas the pipe it is replacing has one circular end and one oval end.

Saying that, i have heard of some people 'making' them fit, it shouldn't be too hard a job. Just bend the pipe a bit and stretch the rubber a bit!

Hope this helps.

Kunaal

The one I have is round at both ends, a bit of lube and it fitted just right :D

Picture 147.jpg[/attachment:7joz20f4]

My mistake,

the KR engines have another pipe underneath to the deceleration cut-off valve, the 9A does not have this

Thanks guys for the info.Looks like if i buy one of these then i might have to do a "swompy" and get the fairy liquid and a hammer out and do a bit of persuasion work :D

Thanks guys for the info.Looks like if i buy one of these then i might have to do a "swompy" and get the fairy liquid and a hammer out and do a bit of persuasion work :D

The only rpoblem I can see with the ones you have showne it were the angle comes off of.

If you look at mine and then the ones you have found, the angle on mine is alot sooner than the others and mine knocks a bit on the suspension tower as the angle is right at the point were it goes past the tower.

So it might not fit but you might be lucky and it will.

can you get a link up mate? couldn't find any of the ones you posted pics of.

looks like it would be a good fit if swompy's is knocking on the bend as long as theres enough clearance from the cam cover.

The top one is definatley a Vr one, the other two will be fine, you only need one pipe off them anyways, and can re-route the other, I just can't remember off the top of my head to were, I've one of these in the boot of my car, been there for ages, was in the forsale thread a while ago, I'm in Sheffield I anyones intrested, 20quid posted, I don't have paypal so a bank transfer would be prefered and I can leave the rubber boot that joins to the throttle bodie, as for fitting just use boiling water on the rubber works a treat, port polish and knife edge ya throttle bodies while ya at it

Hi vw domo,if you look on ebay for powerrohr but make sure you check the "worldwide" box instead of just the uk,there are a load on there.Im just not sure as to which one to buy.Let me know if you buy one and you have any success :D

Hi erny,how do you mean re rout the other pipe mate?Should there be more than one going into the power rohr or something?And how do i polish and knife edge throttle bodies?Im not sure what this is.Does it make a difference to performance?Thanks guys for the help :D