Sign in to follow this  
jamminvr6storm

VR6 Master Cylinder - HELP - Obsolete!!!

I need a master cylinder for my VR. VW say the part is now obselete and I cant seem to find anywhere that can supply one new. Euro Car Parts and TPS both say they can but when it arrived it was not a Corrado one.

Need some help on this one guys, need a new one asap, got a mapping day next week and cant get the car there without brakes!

Tried a second hand one from someone on here but that was knackered too so dont really wanna go down the second hand route.

TPS and Euro should be able to supply this for around the same price as the link above...

What did TPS supply - was it not correct??

Probably gave him a MK4 one like I got when I ordered one once. Remember the Corrado VR6's MC isn't mounted straight like other MCs, it's tilted round 45 degrees.

Pat McCrotch had a new Master Cylinder a while ago. Not sure what he did with it.

Correct Kev - both ECP and TPS gave me a mk4 jobbie!

I need this urgent guys, if anyone can help..... (i'll give Pat McCrotch a shout now) :salute:

Oh joy, mines in the garage at the moment trying to have the MC replaced, its been delayed due to the wrong parts being provided by TPS - sounds like the same problem.

Another Schimmel group buy anyone??

Crucial parts like that obsolete? How stupid. I could understand if it was something like body panels.

Very true. I bet its not totally obsolete probably comes free with a brake servo for a huge price.

yes, i already confirmed that when people were looking at the brake pedal sensor thats been obsoleted too. you can get the whole lot (servo, m/cyl, sensor) for £350 still...