Sign in to follow this  
KARMANN

Coilovers

hi there,iv got money saved up for alloys so when the weather gets better the purchase will be made-but i dont want to be driving around in a 4x4 so was thinking of springs but iv been on ebay and theres a guy who sells coilovers for the corrado every week or two (need to do search with criteria Available to UK) for £70 or somit but what du guys think?i know u get what u pay for but im not really interested in any gains in performance etc-but because there adjustable it makes it easier getting the car sitting the way i want instead of buying diff springs etc.also when you get coilovers whats normally included?(as in springs etc)

sorry i should mention bit more.he from ontario canada company called cosmo racing or somit.the picture shows red springs if that helps.

http://WWW.COSMORACING.COM

cheers Fraser

$130 now thats cheap,it says it a kit so everything you need should be with it,except top mounts,but youve got to question the quality,the last thing you want is one to snap when going around a corner or something,.. :? :shock:

My personal opinion would be to steer well clear of such inexpensive solutions, as dazzyvr6 already mentioned, they could break prematurely.

I have also heard from numerous folks who have tried such cheap solutions on their Roccos, that they are extremely harsh, and just don't compare at all to the better known brands, such as FK, KW, Koni etc.

I had the same decision to take about a year ago for my Storm Mk2 Rocco, and decided to save up a bit more and go for some kit from a reputable brand (FK in my case), and haven't regretted it.

Just my 2 cents (Eurocents :lol: )

Tempest

I've been for a proper look on the website and there not complete coilovers. There springs and the adjustable bit but no shocks. You can buy kits like this from demon tweaks for making your own coilovers to your own spec. If your after cheap coilovers try supersports from venom motorsport. I hear there pritty good.

If your after cheap coilovers try supersports from venom motorsport. I hear there pritty good.

Yup, Got them on my G60 'rado and am well happy with 'em... 8) Around £400 for the FULL kit (It's still worth buying new topmounts though!)

i fitted those new supersoprt goldlines from venom and all i can say is WOW the car suddely handles like OMG it cames from the heavens.... serious a must do mod + you can lower up to 120mm :shock:

phone venom and speak to richard !!! he will sort you out...

i fitted those new supersoprt goldlines from venom and all i can say is WOW the car suddely handles like OMG it cames from the heavens.... serious a must do mod + you can lower up to 120mm :shock:

I had those exact thoughts when I fitted mine... Then I got it corner weighted and was shocked by how much better the handling was! :crazyeyes: 8)

Seriously guys (and gals!) If you wanna get your car to handle properly, get a coilover kit like the supersport one, pick a ride height you like the look of, then get it corner weighted.... :wink: Trust me when I say that you'll love it! 8)

so whats the corrosion rate on the supersports??

Will they last a year or 6years...would it be better to get them nickel plated or something?

I ask because i'm pretty sure KW Varient's site has a test which shows their coilies withstand the weather better.

I'm going for supersports anyhow...just a thought though. :|

so whats the corrosion rate on the supersports??

Will they last a year or 6years...would it be better to get them nickel plated or something?

I ask because i'm pretty sure KW Varient's site has a test which shows their coilies withstand the weather better.

I'm going for supersports anyhow...just a thought though. :|

Just keep 'em clean and spray 'em with a thin coat of waxoyle before the gritters start doing the rounds coming up to winter... you can clean it off again in the spring so you can show 'em off again during the show season...

That way, you should have very little corrosion problems... 8)

Cheers chrisCorrado.wonder if theres enough ppl interested to do a group buy on these coilovers.

just athought-but im the worlds worst at organising.

cheers Fraser

I am deffo up for a set - assuming they would suite my requirements - Just waiting for answers on my "new suspension setup2" post. :mrgreen:

hi i am also looking into this kind of set up. if a group buy goes aheadat at good price .then please put me down.

so what make,model and price are we looking at .what is recomended at the moment .by the way mines a g60 raddo.do they fit all models. :D

I'd probably be up for a suspension group buy as well. :lol: Trying to work out what will give me the best ride comfort though as I like the standard ride. As I will probably set the damping to the softest setting am I right in thinking that this will be approx 30% uprated on non damping adjustable coilovers. Do adjustable damping coilovers (eg FK Konigsport) have a minimum 30% uprated damping and get porgressively harder from there?

Just trying to work out if a fully adjustable set are worth the extra cash :?

and me, and me, and me, and me, I want some too!!! :D :D :D

A group buy sounds a great idea. I know Henny knows the guy at Venom and also Ant(bannana man) can get them wholesale I think. Come on boys get us some qoutes?

I'd probably be up for a suspension group buy as well. :lol: Trying to work out what will give me the best ride comfort though as I like the standard ride. As I will probably set the damping to the softest setting am I right in thinking that this will be approx 30% uprated on non damping adjustable coilovers. Do adjustable damping coilovers (eg FK Konigsport) have a minimum 30% uprated damping and get porgressively harder from there?

Just trying to work out if a fully adjustable set are worth the extra cash :?

i have heared that the fk koningsport are great but most people end up setting the damping to the softest setting.

so would it be better to buy the none adjustable coilover kit,or is the standard damping on these kits harder than the softest

setting of the adjustable coilovers.ps sorry if this is confusing :D

Well, I'm using the FK Hisport coilovers and am quite happy with ther damping on them...exactly what benefit the Konigsport damper adjustability provides for normal road use as opposed to track use I wouldn't be sure of, but would doubt it would be much to be honest. Only other factor is that I'm using 15" wheels.