Sign in to follow this  
bananawhip

Anyone with any experience of a 3.2 TT dsg?

I know I was very lucky to get the power I did, I did think the dyno was generous but the more I used it in real world situation (and running quarters) it was clear it obviously shifted.

Think you right, it just seems that every half decent mod for a C is on the newer stuff, Variable intakes, mk4 rear calipers, baffled sumps, 312 (or bigger) front brakes, LW (dual mass) flywheels, interior goodies etc etc

Corrado's are still very very cool though and I'd feel like a sell out in anything else, maybe a cheeky 4motion as a run about will quence the thirst.

As for the next level of mods, An LSD has been screaming out at me since I dropped the 263's in let alone the V9 so it looks like I'll need to stop being such a cheapskate :)

Think JBS have been developing some very very naughty maps for the N/A 3.2 motors My mate who has a JBS R32 Turbo (pushing 500bhp..it's insane) was telling me when he was down there last for a new clutch!!

think they were talking nearly 300bhp!!!

Anyway apparantly Mk4 R32 ARB's transform the mk1 TT! TBF the MK1 TT looks ghey, just buy a MK4 R32..soo much more car for soo much less money!!!

Think JBS have been developing some very very naughty maps for the N/A 3.2 motors My mate who has a JBS R32 Turbo (pushing 500bhp..it's insane) was telling me when he was down there last for a new clutch!!

think they were talking nearly 300bhp!!!

Anyway apparantly Mk4 R32 ARB's transform the mk1 TT! TBF the MK1 TT looks ghey, just buy a MK4 R32..soo much more car for soo much less money!!!

Great website, completely forgot JBS exist if I'm honest. Map looks pretty awesome, their CNC heads are good value too.

As for the Golf/TT debate, Not much in it pricewise and although the TT is a bit soft looking I like the fact it's a coupe, it's quicker and more powerful, has DSG, and an interior that actually fits :)

Thanks for everybody for helping to make my mind up, I ended up taking a fairly strange route but I'm very pleased

Instead of me selling my C and putting the funds in to a 12k R32 derivitive of some sort, I've kept it and bought an R32 Bora that has been doing the rounds in the classifieds for half the money.

Cooler and obviously rarer then a TT, fully loaded, life of luxury and traction galore

Absolutely nowhere near as fast as the C and completely dead to drive compared, doesn't sound as nice either but worth it just for last night when a kid in a Civic wanted to show off to his mates by racing the old mans Bora, warpspeed was activated and I'm pretty sure I could just about make him out blushing in my rear view :clap:

A happy compromise

My 2 pence worth, couple of things/weaknesses to watch out for:

Sump very easy to strip threads resulting in some messy repar work or new sump. Think they just used low grade ally on the sump?

DSG flywheel - there seems to be a fair few peeps who have had the the dual mass flywheel resulting in a warped flywheel, Repair can be costly as a new flywheel and VAG 'repair kit' is required (no idea whats in it even TPS didn't know!). Cost for repar £1300+ Usually detectable as a vibration in the engine, also can be felt inside the car thru the pedals, if left unfixed can fook up your bottom end (worst case secnario).

My 2 pence worth, couple of things/weaknesses to watch out for:

Sump very easy to strip threads resulting in some messy repar work or new sump. Think they just used low grade ally on the sump?

DSG flywheel - there seems to be a fair few peeps who have had the the dual mass flywheel resulting in a warped flywheel, Repair can be costly as a new flywheel and VAG 'repair kit' is required (no idea whats in it even TPS didn't know!). Cost for repar £1300+ Usually detectable as a vibration in the engine, also can be felt inside the car thru the pedals, if left unfixed can fook up your bottom end (worst case secnario).

Thanks for that, I'll keep an eye open for those, Dual mass flywheel does my head in if I'm honest but all part of it unfortunately. Also cant stand driving by wire but I'm sure I'll get used to it