Sign in to follow this  
LisaK

Car transportation - need recommended companies!

Does anyone know of any decent (but not ridiculously expensive) car transporting company website, email address, phone numbers, etc? I've got two quotes from people I've found on eBay and the cheapest is £480 and that's a part-load with another random car!!

theres a guy on the pistonheads forum who owns a car transport company, might be worth a try.

Cool, thanks. Do you have a username for him as I'm not registered on there.

480...jesus thats pricy!!!!!

Ive seen a company do it for 250 but cant find it..grrr

Yeah, but then it is going from Southend in Essex to west of Aberdeen so I don't expect it to be particularly cheap :lol:

theres a guy on the pistonheads forum who owns a car transport company, might be worth a try.

Cool, thanks. Do you have a username for him as I'm not registered on there.

480...jesus thats pricy!!!!!

Ive seen a company do it for 250 but cant find it..grrr

Yeah, but then it is going from Southend in Essex to west of Aberdeen so I don't expect it to be particularly cheap :lol:

Lisa,

I have just had a very similar length of journey completed by a private contractor (595 miles one way) and the cheapest I could find was £375.

Guy is very good and there was no problems at all. PM if interested and I will pass on his details.

Cheers

If the car is fully road legal, drive it up, cost of a tank and a train back or even fly into southend. just a thaught as that is what i have done before.

Matt

Driving it could be interesting ... :lol:

10fnqt5.jpg

Dukest may be able to help so fingers crossed I won't have to use a private firm!

Lisa,

I have just had a very similar length of journey completed by a private contractor (595 miles one way) and the cheapest I could find was £375.

Guy is very good and there was no problems at all. PM if interested and I will pass on his details.

Cheers

You have a PM!

Lisa,

Cheers

sounds like a cheaper option Lisa but let me know what you two decide..

oooooo dear :eek: , how did that happen

7.5T lorry decided he didn't want to stay in his lane coming up to a big roundabout despite him wanting to turn right and just veered over to my lane for no reason. There was nowhere I could go, not that I could avoid it seeing as he hit my rear 1/4 so didn't even see it coming!

sounds like a cheaper option Lisa but let me know what you two decide..

I've asked BTJ for details :) I'm not bothered about price as I won't be paying, it's whoever can do it the soonest which I guess also depends on Jamie's plans :shrug:

hope that lamp post didnt jump jump out in front of you!!

thats what happened to my brother!! he's 6 ft 4 by the way!

rascal.JPG[/attachment:3lqem6ut]

theres a guy who ive used a bit, come to my work loads, really sound guy with a couple of lads workin for him and has nice trucks.

he is near preston though but does do national stuff.

if you do ring him tell him, "simon @ autobreakers" has put you on and he should look after you

http://www.nasrecovery.com/

Surely that is drivable if a similar sized wheel is fitted to the front corner and maybe a slight arch tweek or two!!

hope that lamp post didnt jump jump out in front of you!!

thats what happened to my brother!! he's 6 ft 4 by the way!

rascal.JPG[/attachment:2ubk2vm0]

theres a guy who ive used a bit, come to my work loads, really sound guy with a couple of lads workin for him and has nice trucks.

he is near preston though but does do national stuff.

if you do ring him tell him, "simon @ autobreakers" has put you on and he should look after you

http://www.nasrecovery.com/

Someone had already hit the post before I got there; my car was damaged on the road and was later pushed up on to the grass by the fuzz as it was right on a busy roundabout.

I've requested a quote on his website, thanks :)

Surely that is drivable if a similar sized wheel is fitted to the front corner and maybe a slight arch tweek or two!!

If it wasn't a write-off then yes that would be possible :)