Sign in to follow this  
Kempy

Halfords Satin Silver

Is this the same as mine? or is it for the more modern VWs'??

thanks

Check the paint code, is should be on a sticker in the boot, or if like mine its rubbed off VW can get it from the reg number

Or it will be on the sticker in the boot/service book, a 4 digit code usually 2 letters following a number then another letter

theres no code on the can from halfords

in that case its a generic paint, you want a matched paint, with a VW paint code

I noticed that halford had a VW colour called Satin Silver last weekend (as Kips 8v is Satin Silver).

I guess it depends on where you would be planning to use the touch up and how pinickety you are about the result.

Can't beat genuine VW touch up sticks & cans but then you pay the price for them.

And, I think Silver is one of those hard to match though you would think them easy colours.

Can't beat genuine VW touch up sticks & cans but then you pay the price for them.

VW stuff is often cheaper than Halfords I thought - as you say colour match is always perfect too.

the rattlecans from VW are too small, and not cheap. I think they are limited to, Im sure when I went to get Aqua blue last time they said there werent many left?

I want to do a whole slam panel

Satin silver is very hard to colour match and I would only use it if your not bothered about a colour difference. The VW rattle cans are pretty good from what Ive used as is the lacquer you get.

I bought 2 cans of halfords stuff, I'll use that on the bits you dont see and get some VW paint for the strip along the bumper ftw :D