Sign in to follow this  
Alex_G60_Fanatic

How Much for the Corrado's older brother?

How much would you expect to pay for a mk1, A reg scirocco these days? In "reasonable" condition with 150k on the clocks

I know its general but Id like some thoughts

Edit: its a Mk2! thanks Lee1873

Theres a tasty MK1 with a Rado G60 conversion on Ed38 at the mo. 1978 I think. Up for £2200 IIRC...

Worth every penny too, fully resprayed in a period colour, looked lovely.

Here: http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.p ... pic=283980

Or one here for £12K!!! :shock:

http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.p ... pic=265749

Wooooooh! 12K !!! Thankfully i dont think the one i'm looking at is worth that much! lol

The paint is faded and all the lacquer on the bonnet is monkeyed, Its got Std everything as far as i can make out but it does look much loved... the interior is spotless. I may just pop round there with £400 and see what happens, cheeky i know but... Bah! who cares :)

Wooooooh! 12K !!! Thankfully i dont think the one i'm looking at is worth that much! lol

The paint is faded and all the lacquer on the bonnet is monkeyed, Its got Std everything as far as i can make out but it does look much loved... the interior is spotless. I may just pop round there with £400 and see what happens, cheeky i know but... Bah! who cares :)

Good luck mate, lets see some pics!! I love a nice MK1! :D

if its owned by average joe it would only be worth about that! a mint one would be worth a lot more obviously, but i bet people sell them types of cars for couple hundred quid and think they got a good deal!

pics would be nice to, dont see enough around no more

You sure its a mk1 rocco? I could be wrong but I thought mk1 roccos finished production in 82/83 as Ive had a few mk2s myself including an "X" & "Y" plate which were both mk2s..

If it is an A reg mk1 then it will be worth good money providing the shell is solid.

You sure its a mk1 rocco? I could be wrong but I thought mk1 roccos finished production in 82/83 as Ive had a few mk2s myself including an "X" & "Y" plate which were both mk2s..

If it is an A reg mk1 then it will be worth good money providing the shell is solid.

what are the distinguishing features of the mk1 compared to the mk2?

Ill be going past it tonight so ill get some snaps on the go for tomorrow :camp:

what are the distinguishing features of the mk1 compared to the mk2?

Ill be going past it tonight so ill get some snaps on the go for tomorrow :camp:

Biggest distinguishing feature I would say is that the mk1 has twin round headlights whereas the mk2 has twin square/rectangular headlights, the mk2 is also rounder on the edges especially the rear quarter/hatchback mk1 can be seen here....http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_imag ... _large.jpg

Mk 2 here.......http://www.dempseydismantlers.com/carpi ... -1990-.jpg

Mk2 isnt worth anything really unless its concourse or has some other big things going for it.

Biggest distinguishing feature I would say is that the mk1 has twin round headlights whereas the mk2 has twin square/rectangular headlights

yeah, thats what gave it away... Might get it for £400 after all! :D

Please be aware that being an early mk2 car it shares loads of parts with the mk1 golf gti!

Im currently restoring a mk1 golf gti myself(90% complete) & its a world of pain trying to find parts for it with parts being dropped all the time, I thought I had everything I needed for mine to put it back together but a year on Im still missing vital components that I now have to find in good used condition

My car isnt far from being complete but I can honestly say "NEVER AGAIN"

Please be aware that being an early mk2 car it shares loads of parts with the mk1 golf gti!

Im currently restoring a mk1 golf gti myself(90% complete) & its a world of pain trying to find parts for it with parts being dropped all the time, I thought I had everything I needed for mine to put it back together but a year on Im still missing vital components that I now have to find in good used condition

You want to brake this mk2 with me? MOooohahahah! :evilbat:

You want to brake this mk2 with me? MOooohahahah! :evilbat:

NO :lol: I bought my mk1 on impulse while looking for something completely different(wasnt even looking for a car) & tbh theres a good few times I wish I hadnt, Im sure it will be worth it in the end though, thats if i ever get it finished :cuckoo:

NO :lol: I bought my mk1 on impulse while looking for something completely different(wasnt even looking for a car) & tbh theres a good few times I wish I hadnt, Im sure it will be worth it in the end though, thats if i ever get it finished :cuckoo:

oh well, good luck with that!

oh well, good luck with that!

Thanks 8) do you not fancy a 90% restored mk1gti instead, bit more expensive mind you :lol: :lol: :lol:

any excuse to show it off & its not even done yet :roll:

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

Dont have a clue why this forum cuts off a part of my images when i host them on photobucket, can anyone shed any light on that for me? I resize the images to 800x600 on photobucket but always end up with bits cut off, only ever on here it seems to be an issue

Thanks 8) do you not fancy a 90% restored mk1gti instead, bit more expensive mind you :lol: :lol: :lol:

any excuse to show it off & its not even done yet :roll:

VERY pretty... although i can see now how much work you've put into it. nice 1 If you ever manage to get it going bring it over to Dundee and ill give it my seal of approval :grin:

As for the picy's i dont know, they always seem to work for me. Ask Andi

thats a lovely example my mate who sold me the vr had a mk1 the same colour before the rado and still pines for it now !,think he is happy drivin the 32 though :)

Right, Rocco owner to answer some stuff here :D

Good solid Mk1s can now fetch easily in excess of 2k, more like 4 to 5k and rising, as these become more and more desirable. They play in a different league to the Rado, obviously, as they appeal to a possibly more mature audiene, given it´s an older car, where you have to be prepared to become creative when any restoration work needs doing, as almost everything bar common Goof Mk1 parts (sorry :lol: ) which it shares a few with, have become obsolete.

Mk2 Roccos are still a different ball-games regarding value: Early ones are now starting to fetch good money, not as much as a good Mk1, but still. Region of 2k or thereabouts. Special edition Mk2 (Storm, Whitecats) command a premium. Late Mk2 were almost all GT2, ¨common as muck¨, but usually fully specced, i.e. power this, power that, which Rado peep all take for granted (but IMHO you don´t need for enjoying a car in its purity and for sheer driving pleasure :D ) but aren´t necessarily standard on all Roccos, certainly not on the Mk1s (US ones did have aircon, though!). Late Mk2 start at 500 (shed-ish), increasing to 2k for a really pristine example.

Pictures and more details of what you´re potentially looking at would be helpful. Then join the SciroccoRegister :D

Tempest

Bugger, have I slipped up? My previous car was an 88 Scala which was pretty much in pristine condition and I gave it away to a mate of a mates who was a VW nut just because I thought he would look after it and it was a good thing to do.

Right, Rocco owner to answer some stuff here :D

Good solid Mk1s can now fetch easily in excess of 2k, more like 4 to 5k and rising, as these become more and more desirable. They play in a different league to the Rado, obviously, as they appeal to a possibly more mature audiene, given it´s an older car, where you have to be prepared to become creative when any restoration work needs doing, as almost everything bar common Goof Mk1 parts (sorry :lol: ) which it shares a few with, have become obsolete.

Mk2 Roccos are still a different ball-games regarding value: Early ones are now starting to fetch good money, not as much as a good Mk1, but still. Region of 2k or thereabouts. Special edition Mk2 (Storm, Whitecats) command a premium. Late Mk2 were almost all GT2, ¨common as muck¨, but usually fully specced, i.e. power this, power that, which Rado peep all take for granted (but IMHO you don´t need for enjoying a car in its purity and for sheer driving pleasure :D ) but aren´t necessarily standard on all Roccos, certainly not on the Mk1s (US ones did have aircon, though!). Late Mk2 start at 500 (shed-ish), increasing to 2k for a really pristine example.

Pictures and more details of what you´re potentially looking at would be helpful. Then join the SciroccoRegister :D

Tempest

LOL i aint bought it yet! just tempted to offer silly money to see if i could sell it on for profit, i prefer my C for the looks and comfort. Although Rocco's do look pretty cool they aint my cup of tea