Sign in to follow this  
Fanjita

288mm slider sleeve cap (anyone with ETKA help?)

Hi,

I have just recently purchased a set of 288mm brakes for the front, one of them is missing the dust cap that sits on the end of the hard rubber sleeve that houses the slider.

Without a car reg number or chassis number I doubt my local VW will look up the part for me. Would anyone with ETKA be able to find this for me? I have searched and searched as I thought there was a thread with this information in but now can't find it.

Not sure if I can just buy the dust caps or if i have to buy the rubber sleeve also.

Cheers,

Jim

U could ask Big Redd for just the one cap mate, that's where I got my complete set of guide bushes from when I re-furbed my 288's! But try VW 1st I guess...

Or if u wait a bit longer til I've cleaned all my mess up from re-furbing, I may have a spare u could have...

U could ask Big Redd for just the one cap mate, that's where I got my complete set of guide bushes from when I re-furbed my 288's! But try VW 1st I guess...

Or if u wait a bit longer til I've cleaned all my mess up from re-furbing, I may have a spare u could have...

Thanks mate, I'm tempted just to get a new set for peace of mind. I'll let you know if I change my mind though :salute:

Bit OT here but that screen shot shows a tube of lithium grease, do the slider pins HAVE to use this type of grease? Is normal grease totally unsuitable???

Thanks mate, I'm tempted just to get a new set for peace of mind. I'll let you know if I change my mind though :salute:

U mean ur gonna change all of the rubbers? Fair enough, I thought u wanted just one cap! :lol:

Bit OT here but that screen shot shows a tube of lithium grease, do the slider pins HAVE to use this type of grease? Is normal grease totally unsuitable???

I read somewhere that lithium based grease degrades rubber, silicone based is best! I used red rubber grease on mine :)

U mean ur gonna change all of the rubbers? Fair enough, I thought u wanted just one cap! :lol:[/quote:1w2eprio]

Sorry dude, I was going to just change the cap but the rubbers are covered in paint and I'm not sure how old they are that's all. If the dealers only sell them complete I may just get the set and replace them. I'll be starting the front brakes soon (next few days) and I thought you said you don't have any caps yet?

Jim

Probably best to replace them then mate! I have got caps now, but won't be at the location where I re-furbed them til next week! Upto u mate! :salute: