Sign in to follow this  
d1sposition

Rear hatch popper

Anyone have a rear hatch popper? The spring loaded thing that pushes the rear hatch open when you unlock it... I have the popper but I actually need the bracket that keeps it in place so if someone has just the bracket that would be cool but maybe it's the whole thing I need?

looks like the round section has snapped off on that one, there should be a flat round flange at the end facing toward you in that picture, i have had a couple of them break before and couldnt find any glue that would work on them.

you have to buy the whole thing

unless you can find one at a breakers

T

meh u dont need it mines been rattling around in the booklid for ages!!!

(if you find a supplier let me know :wink: )

Lol rattling around for ages? Why don't you just take it out?! It's easy to remove that panel under there. And that also probably means you haven't done any spoiler motor maintenance yet! Better to do preventive maintenance than corrective! And it's only a matter of time until you'll be doing corrective! LOL

Enquired about this when i was at the stealers tonight,

part no. - 535 827 761 and the price £4.91 + vat

ordered myself a spare, in case they go obsolete !

I think I'm gonna salvage mine somehow. Maybe make a metal bracket that will hold it down from the inside. I don't want to install another oem one because it will just eventually break again. It's a horrible design.

I think I'm gonna salvage mine somehow. Maybe make a metal bracket that will hold it down from the inside. I don't want to install another oem one because it will just eventually break again. It's a horrible design.

My 1st one lasted 12 years, the 2nd one is still going strong after 6 years !

And i use my boot everyday

Lol rattling around for ages? Why don't you just take it out?! It's easy to remove that panel under there. And that also probably means you haven't done any spoiler motor maintenance yet! Better to do preventive maintenance than corrective! And it's only a matter of time until you'll be doing corrective! LOL

lol been driving my car for 90k taken every bit i could off just cant be assed undoing the couple screws to get it out

Mine's just gone pop...so to speak :lol: . I'll call the stealers tomorrow to see if they still stock this part. Mind you does it really do something important? I can still lock/unlock the boot and open it.