Sign in to follow this  
Rocket Ron

Oil Cooler seals 1994 VR6

it's quite easy - although I haven't read thru this guide - it should give you a clue I guess :)

http://passat.stoynev.us/maint/oil_cooler.htm

Hope that helps!

This link is good. It must be said, it's so much easier with the front end apart, but you can get it from below - ramps of some sort are a must.

I applied gasket seal when i found mine leaking - never leaked since. I didn't have time to wait on VAG to deliver them as I was going away.

its easy if you dont have the aircon pipes in the way :( thats why i'm leaving mine for eh summer. There are always downsides to every benefit on the Corrado.

I replaced mine along with the seal for the oil filter housing.........took the front end off as access is limited.........easy enough to do though.........undo the big bolt in the middle , it slides out and the cooler comes away with a slight tap(something soft)......here is a pic of the seals with the part numbers, both of these are for the oil cooler btw, the one for the oil filter housing is a figure of 8 seal