Sign in to follow this  
Abdul

How u guys coping without Air con?

I havent driven the car in this lovely weather we've been having but how are u guys coping with the heat? Im pretty sure most of us dont have air con lol. I remember last summer, id be driving at 30+ speeds and all the engine's heat would come straight through the vents and then when i would slow down in traffic and the fans would kick in, they'd blow the heat through the vents and around the car so all the air surrounding the car was warm... It was a proper human toaster, could never get anywhere without looking as though i'd just stepped out of a sauna (i live in east london/essex, lots of lows speed traffic driving)... :lol:

F*ckin corrado's :nuts:

Gotta love em :luvlove:

had my first real taste of hot corrado driving today and you are spot on. normally ok with the windows down and the sunroof but have to close them at higher speeds and then you cook! black leather doesn't help either!

Yeah bloody sweat box if you get stuck in traffic your buggered will be riding to work soon though much better than the sticky leather seats :D

The one and only thing that will stop me getting leather and thats the hot weather.

It is hot and if youre on the move its not that bad at all. But yeah in traffic the heat is a b!tch :lol:

Other then that, id much rather have the window down in the hot weather rather then been kooked up with the windows all closed so the aircon can work :D

Oh yeah windows down, fresh breeze, cigarette on, music blaring, 6.5k rpm is all ftw I love it lol...

BUT in london most of your time is spend at 0-15mph and omfg it kills u lol. I feel sorry for the leather interior owners on here...I suddenly really love my sh*tty cloth... :lol:

I always find myself looking around and seeing people with dry foreheads in their repmobiles just thinking to myself WTF am i doing in this car right now lol and then the road opens up and i remember... 6.5k rpm is very ftw 8)

The fact that rados run uber duber hot doesnt help...

:lol: Love it.

Im pretty certain my body achieved temperatures I've never felt before today in my rado (with black, leather!) But, once I hit the M4 (and undone a couple of buttons on my shirt) I was in my element! :D Wind deflectors and fag out the window (and a cheeky Koppaberg - shhhh) I loved the drive!! Then I got into town and my face was like :mad2:

:p Extra weight :lol:

Yep, very true, and you can feel the loss in power when you turn it on!

But I remember being stuck on the M25 a few years back, 30 degrees outside, black leather in the car.. was horrible!

So glad I got aircon fitted, even though you don't really need it that much in this country :)

Fitting my air con end of this month,

Cant bleedin wait....

If you accidentally fitted the air con kit to the wrong car (i.e. mine), I won’t mind. :lol:

I suddenly really love my sh*tty cloth...

just felt the need to quote that :lol:

yeah its fucking horrible, i don't know why i'm half way through a grey->black interior conversion - it can only get worse!

i don't know why i'm half way through a grey->black interior conversion - it can only get worse!

It might make it a little hotter but the black cloth wont show the sweaty marks as much as a grey one does :wink: :pukeright:

Used to it I guess. Had one car with aircon a few years back (MK4 Golf) and it was very nice indeed in scorching weather. But easy come, easy go.. I just make to with cracking the sunroof open and the windows when I drive :)

I'm lovin it. I have got Renaud's Phenomonon and just love the heat. Can't hold a cold beer though. It feels like I've had my hand in a fridge and lose feeling in my fingers. More sun please.

The black leather does certainly make it hot, hot, hot.

I try to park in shady areas when at work and always pull the front seats forward to try to stop the sun settling on them and also drying them out, meaning more work to put the leather polish on.

Certainly makes you think when you see older folk covering their seats with blankets - not such a bad idea.

Years ago in my motorhome, we had winscreen covers to keep out the heat - they used to work brilliantly.

Surely something similar is made for cars, that could be adpted for the Corrado.

Air Con - I actually like the opening of windows and hate it when in a friends car on a hot day, of all the windows being closed.

I'm just glad I've got a working sunroof and windows. Job done then.

It is brilliant to be driving around in a C and see all the looks from others in their crappy tins. Enjoy everyone!

I park mine under a tree behind my house, been boiling today, everywhere, in the house garden obviously, got in the corrado to get some ice cream and rinks and it was so cool inside. Lovely! :tongue: Other went to Hare hill in Cheshire, and got stuck in traffic around wilmslow, we was cooking! ok though as we just kept the windows down on the way home, m60 at 80mph with the windows down, now thats coooool! :D

You guys have Corrados /without aircon? You bought the wrong cars people! Mine has it.

Sucks to be you lot

:D

You guys have Corrados /without aircon? You bought the wrong cars people! Mine has it.

Sucks to be you lot

:D

Hope it breaks lol