Sign in to follow this  
hustler

who's the daddy? who's got the biggest wheels on there car?

what wheels you running?

what offset?

arch mods?

spacers?

any catching?

ive 17' lenso mesh DTM's there catching the outta arch but also rubbing on the inners so looking to change them asap for some brand spankers

17'', loads and loads of rubbing, anything over half a turn and she rubs, not too sure how much the car is lowered though, maybe someone could roughly guestimate from my pics??? no arch mods, or if there are any they aint working!! 8)

I'm running 17's with a 60mm drop at the mo, don't rub at all!

IMO if the wheels are rubbing, you'll either need to check the rims are the correct offset etc.. or if catching on the inside I'd fit spacers...

I really don't understand this fascination that some people have with slinging HUGE wheels under their car... (Monster trucks excluded! :lol: )

Going REALLY big really doesn't help the ride quality or handling in any way what-so-ever... :roll: :| I think that a nice 16" is pretty much universally acknowledged to be the best size for corrados being a good compromise between looks and ride comfort... 8)

Just my 2p worth... *Ker-plink!*

I've got some 9x17" porsche wheels. haven't got them on yet though due to the ridiculous low offset on them.

I had 9.5 x18" cup 2 split rims on my mk2!

agree with henny, 16'' with a nice drop are perfect for a c. myne is way too uncomfortable, every bump feels like the tyre has burst, potholes are a bad nightmare! :evil:

this would have to be me :D

15" x 5.5 with phat tyres where i can still fit my entire fist between the tyres and arches lol now that big lol

Phat, any pics of your golf with the 18's??

yeah, but they're all sh1te due to my narrow garage and the state of the car.

i got 17", i think it looks perfect on the c it really fills the arches unlike 15 or 16 do, unless you like the fat dounght tires like alex has now on :lol: look so cheap :lol: 8)

8J17s on the Rado, not lowered, no rubbing, all OK :multi:

On the Mk2 Rocco I'm running 7J15, lowered a lot, rubbing on the front in tight corners, which needs addressing, :oops:

On the Mk1 Rocco I've got 8J15s 50 mm spacers on the rear, and 30 mm on the front, uhm, yes the arches have been extended :oops:

Tempest

yeah im keen on 17's been out to measure my lenso's no wonder they rub like fuch they measure 8 1/2 inch wide might just buy some smaller for the frounts

And they look ridiculous.....

ditto!!!

sorry mate.. i can not stand those wide wheels that stick out that far and where the tyre is stretched so much to fit the width!

I'm running 7x18" rims et37 but running 15mm spacers to compensate for brembos so in theory

makes them a et22

The suspension is down around 80mm, catches on full lock front on inside arch and on the underneath

of rear arch at the mo till i sort out the damping on coilovers to stiffen it up

What's the matter with you lot? wide wheels that fill the arch look loads better thant skinny ones tucked up in the arches.

At least they fit, not like some of those daft Euro barges where the wheel sticks out 2", that looks stupid.

What's the matter with you lot? wide wheels that fill the arch look loads better thant skinny ones tucked up in the arches.

At least they fit, not like some of those daft Euro barges where the wheel sticks out 2", that looks stupid.

I agree with you there !!

It may not surprise you to learn that I'm not a big fan of the "wheels wider than your tyres" look. I just don't get it...

Each to their own, but for me the phat-est wheels I want on my VR are:

6.5Jx15, 5x100pcd, with 205/50/15 tyres. :)

which part of them fit??? there is no way you can look at those wheels and say they fit! maybe on a porsche, because they put massive arches on the rear to accommodate the wide wheels (but if you wanted that look why didnt you get a porsche?)

Each to their own (and may i say i hear your engine / gearbox and drive train are fantastic before you think im being nasty here) but those wide wheels dont suit the C.

i've always liked the fat dish look, got to agree that 17's do look the best fit in filling the corrado's arches anybody running a c on 15's with a stupid drop? Phat VR6 your only up the road from me yet i aint seen that monster mk2 about, after your mk was one of the main dubs that got me into the dub scene.