Sign in to follow this  
Rams

Keyless entry mercedes style

Hi there

My car is going to be painted soon when my new panels etc arrive, so I have been thinking about doing everything in one hit. The thought of some keyless entry like the SL mercs and CL's etc is a cool idea, could this mod be done? Or am I way off?

Looking at getting the wing vent, always liked them, so that should be happening, deleting washer jets and relocating to wiper arm spray type and so on. I understand the side repeaters need to stay or you need a side flashing indicator? What the opinions on the American bumber mounted side repeaters? Ive seen a few and it adds to the low look and looks quite nice flashing in the lower position??

Side strips now removed, glad I did it, there was more rust under the passenger side adding to the crap paint work, but its just making me more determined to make the finished result one to be proud of.

Any ideas where I can buy the wing vent from?

As always, thanks in advance

venom motorsport do the vents, eh voila!

corrado vents

don't know what the keyless entry systems are on the mercs, why not get some audi rear door handles fitted? i want them done when i get my car sprayed up. or be different and get some rear mk4 golf handles, always wondered how they would look. And of course a central locking alarm system so you don't need locks!

Another mod people do is to use the mk4 golf washer jets as they sit underneath the bonnet, not sure on the legality of the side repeaters but i have seen quite a few corrado without them.

I don't like the wing mounted side repeaters personally. I would much prefer wing mirror or US style bumper ones. Might wanna check with VOSA first before deleting or moving them!

Rather handily, new VAG wings don't have indicator holes cut into them, and that is the method I would prefer over welding the original holes over personally, but i like the sound of your plans!

Dunno about keyless entry. Is that where you have a fob thing on your person, which is all you need to get in and drive off? I guess the simplest answer would be to pull it all out a scrapped car? Not aware of any aftermarket keyless kits.

I'd feel 'naked' not using a key to drive a car though, it would be weird :D

Its good to read venom sell the vents, thanks for that

The washer jet relocation to under the bonnett I didnt know either. Does it still spray rather than jet out?

I just want to be able to wash the car and polish it without worrying about the side repeaters, the washer nozzles etc gettig in the way.

The handles is something I have always thought about doing but didnt have the testicular fortidude to do it. Audi handles are nice and doing something a bit different is cool. But the keyless entry is great, I used to import cars and supplied cars to a couple of famous people, not celebs obviously, Steve Coogan and Harry Redknapp are a couple of their names, but just the credit card shaped key, the little button on the handle is cool and rather slick. I have been faffing around with the later style key and thought maybe its time to do one better?

Like you say Kev, it could be the way forward to take one out of a scrapper. I have contacts still in Germany from my days of ordering UK spec rhd cars, I could ask them if they maybe be able to supply the sl system keyless entry? Its a megga expensive upgrade come to think of it! If its not SL keyless entry, I definately want to do something nice.

E.G Theres a mini challenger on the market, if you want to buy a rear diffuser, you have to send your chassis number along with the broken article for them to send you a new one, its thats stricked, but managed to get one for my friend through their contacts. So if its anything Merc or VW etc, I might be able to help if its not easy to get from the UK. I know its off topic, but there you go.

After body is sorted, fitting the 288 upgrade whilst still on BBS solitudes, then suspension, more suspension components and the virdict..... Supercharged or Turbo. Leaning towards supercharging the vr, but when that can happen depends on how hard I work? Then the matching Leon cupra R Brake upgrade probably.

On holiday tomorrow with the gfriend to Hungary so will speak when I return, aparantely, its 35 degrees out there! Ouch :wave:

Have a look at my thread mate, viewtopic.php?f=11&t=90366 ...

I've had the washers removed and placed under the lip of the bonnet, work the same as they did on the bonnet ... if its done right!

Side repeaters I had removed and cut into the bumper American stylee ... I think they look awesome, such an easy mod but very effective.

And obviously the Audi handles too, good luck with it mate ... :D

I don't like the wing mounted side repeaters personally. I would much prefer wing mirror or US style bumper ones. Might wanna check with VOSA first before deleting or moving them!

Rather handily, new VAG wings don't have indicator holes cut into them, and that is the method I would prefer over welding the original holes over personally, but i like the sound of your plans!

Dunno about keyless entry. Is that where you have a fob thing on your person, which is all you need to get in and drive off? I guess the simplest answer would be to pull it all out a scrapped car? Not aware of any aftermarket keyless kits.

I'd feel 'naked' not using a key to drive a car though, it would be weird :D

Nah... It does feel odd at first but you soon get used to not sticking a key in to start the car... I have a TVR and it is push button stop/start and very cool...

useoncedestroy, will have to meet as I live in Bournemouth or head to a c meet or something. I definately want the washer jets to have a fine spray, I think they are mounted to the arm like most French cars.

The American SLC, are the side repeaters in the same position as yours.... thought they were more central to the bumber, cant find the question mark symbol on this foreign keyboard. The bonnett does look smart on your car, so its on my ever growing list.

Do you think the LT vent looks better than the Sprinter vent, going to have a look at a few cars on the members gallery now

Get yasen to the scrappy and cut a sprinter vent out, I kick the fuck outta rear Audi doors when I cut the handles out, that way the don't chage for the full door or in your case wing, the ones from venom cost alot, if you decide to do the Audi handle mod u simply bend a bit of strong wire and drill the release button on the lock, I'll sen ya pics of the ones I've done if a want, Washer jets fit in ya pocket nicely whilst at the scrappy too so get a sen a selction, Nissan micras av a nice descreat one u can fit on ya scuttle, as for side repeaters you only need em for MOT, just strip the wires back in ya loom and tuck em under ya dash poke em outta ya door n stick em to the side of the car for the MOT, not a fail. Bet most MOT staitions woundnt notice em missing anyways. Once I've done myself a new set of door handles I'm gunna sort out keyless entry, boots already done, and I can get under my bonnet in seconds from outside the car if my battery was to ever go flat and prevent me from gettin in the car. Might be worth gettin few spare paynes of door glass, or bridge a bit out bike brake cable across your bonnet pull points so u an hook it and pull it through the grill to pop your bonnet if ya battery dies.

Please put some pics up, that would be very helpful. Its an idea to cut out the vent out, I'll keep an eye out and see what vans are being broken. As for the washer jets, I want them to have a fine spray, I've seen some cars with them on the wiper arm. Need to see what would look better??

How do you plan to do keyless entry?

I can't find any pics, I might have some in my email out box from when I sold the doors, if I get chance this week I'll be goin to the scrappy for a new set of Audi handles and getting em on the car asap because previous owner of my car smoothed the passenger handle off, so I'll take loads of pics of the process and parts for ya, I'll keep my eye out for a sprinter vent for ya too. As for keyless entry I'll just get a button on a key fob.