Sign in to follow this  
harryc

Think someone is scoping out my car to nick it....

Long story...went for dinner earlier with my girlfriend to a pub a few miles up the road (in a very rural part of Kent)

anyway for whatever reasons I noticed a guy walk past us when we were having a ciggy outside afterwards and get in a silver estate. Five minutes later I left the pub and walked past the guy who was sitting in the car looking down into his lap and doing something with his phone. I got in my car and started to drive the 2.5 miles back to my house. After a few hundred metres I noticed a car following me some way back. I turned off the lane onto my road and noticed the headlights far behind me. When we got to the straight in my lane I suddenly noticed the lights from the car behind me go out. I pulled into my drive which isn't visible from the road got out of the car and waited for a few seconds. Sure enough the same car from the pub slowly drove past with it's lights off, noticed me then sped off, still with his lights off. As it's 10:30 at night it's by no means light and with no street lighting for miles I found this very weird. After going inside I looked outside and saw someone dressed in black walking outside the house, I told the old man and me and him went outside to see the guy had walked past my house, turned round and was now walking in the other direction with no torch/dog etc. Due to the rural location, no nearby pubs or any reason to walk down the road at this time I got suspious. After camping outside in the bushes fir an hour with an array of kitchen appliances and a .22 rifle I called the police to do a sweep of the road. Had a long chat with them and gave them all the necessary descriptions they guessed the pair may have spotted the car at the pub, waited for me to leave then followed me home.....

Anyone on here had similar experiences?!? Understandably my girlfriend is now shitting it and is unlikely to sleep tonight :mad2:

Good call phoning police! Are corrados stolen very often, thought even the kids would go for something abit newer! I did read on here about someone that had his towed off drive way after a note was left previously offering to buy it... sorry... Where i live theres no real danger but i plan to go road trip to south of Scotland and north England this summer, thinking of investing in alarm and immobiliser now! Do you have alarm? Immobiliser? Tracker?

You should have burned off down the road to see of they could keep up.

Shame they didn't come back cos I would have loved to hear that you shot the c@nt with a rifle! Scum bags!

After camping outside in the bushes fir an hour with an array of kitchen appliances

:lol: Quality! Unfortunately mate what u describe sounds like its what u think it is! VERY odd behaviour otherwise, unless u've p1ssed someone off recently?

What the police say to do then? Maybe u should get a tracker installed?

Jesus.. that sounds like an unpleasant experience. You did the right thing calling the police. Might be worth being a bit more proactive in immobilising your car for a while, like pulling the fuel pump relay at night, etc.

Jesus.. that sounds like an unpleasant experience. You did the right thing calling the police. Might be worth being a bit more proactive in immobilising your car for a while, like pulling the fuel pump relay at night, etc.

which one is that? I may do that, I know its not a VR :mad2: :D

Good call phoning police! Are corrados stolen very often, thought even the kids would go for something abit newer! I did read on here about someone that had his towed off drive way after a note was left previously offering to buy it... sorry... Where i live theres no real danger but i plan to go road trip to south of Scotland and north England this summer, thinking of investing in alarm and immobiliser now! Do you have alarm? Immobiliser? Tracker?

Unfortunately newer cars have better security by all accounts. How have you got insurance without an immobiliser already :shock: ????

Unfortunately newer cars have better security by all accounts. How have you got insurance without an immobiliser already :shock: ????

If I put immobiliser on my insurance it makes no difference to price!! But then I think my ins quote's pretty good anyways

I think good call in phoning the police, but if I were you and you had the suspicions before you got home, I wouldn't have parked up and given them a runaround, not let them know where I live, make it that bit more difficult?

which one is that? I may do that, I know its not a VR :mad2: :D

But it's p1ss easy to bypass with a paper clip anyway :?

Love the Kitchen appliances and rifle comment! Where you hiding behind the bush with a blender and a Microwave? :lol: Kitchen knives might have been more intimidating, although the police would take a dim view of it.

I was thinking the same about stealing Corrados as they're a bit old and low value, and they're rare, so will stand out. This can only mean it would be stolen for parts, which still happens a lot these days. Maybe a gang of people so annoyed by VW obsoleting everything, are taking to getting their parts by other means!

Anyway, that's some nasty schitt and pretty scary.

Thing is though, if you suspect you are being followed, NEVER lead them to your house. Lead them to the nearest cop shop instead. And that also applies to road ragers. Never, ever let these f'ckers know where you live.

:shrug: Prehaps because of my location?! I could leave my keys in ignition on a saturday night in "town centre" and it would still be there the sunday morning!! :lol: Insurance did tell me that my quote reflected security! ... Paying near enough 800quid ... although i have 0 no claims and only been passed test 4 years!

Just to try and make you feel better... They know you saw them, so I doubt they will be back. If you was a crim, would you go back, knowing that you are on "defcon 1" alert status, when there are countless thousands of other cars to choose from? Maybe if it was a £50k+ car then it would be worth the risk for them.

I would be cr@pping myself too, but try and forget all about it, otherwise the feckers have already won.

Hopefully the scummers will fall into a rusty threshing machine sometime soon.

perhaps he is a forum user, sat in his car and checked on his phone to see if you were on here, couldnt find you and wanted to tell you all about the forum but felt nervous about introducing himself as he wasnt in his corrado.

by the time he built up the courage to talk to you, you were driving off. he followed you in anticipation of a conversation about corrados. whilst thinking about the obvious thing to say he thought 'its late at night, lets talk about how bad the headlights are!'

in having thought this, he then felt bad about having superior lighting on his car that he turned his headlights off as a mark of respect.

having built up so much anxiousness to talk to you at last minute he bottled it, speeding off down the road. he felt silly about this so went back past to finally chat to you and saw your dad outside with a torch and you unplugging the freezer to take outside and put his dead body in after you shot him with the rifle you were by now carrying.

at this point he went home in a panic and swapped his corrado with the first chav he saw for a burberry hat and a can of stella.

the end.

perhaps he is a forum user, sat in his car and checked on his phone to see if you were on here, couldnt find you and wanted to tell you all about the forum but felt nervous about introducing himself as he wasnt in his corrado.

by the time he built up the courage to talk to you, you were driving off. he followed you in anticipation of a conversation about corrados. whilst thinking about the obvious thing to say he thought 'its late at night, lets talk about how bad the headlights are!'

in having thought this, he then felt bad about having superior lighting on his car that he turned his headlights off as a mark of respect.

having built up so much anxiousness to talk to you at last minute he bottled it, speeding off down the road. he felt silly about this so went back past to finally chat to you and saw your dad outside with a torch and you unplugging the freezer to take outside and put his dead body in after you shot him with the rifle you were by now carrying.

at this point he went home in a panic and swapped his corrado with the first chav he saw for a burberry hat and a can of stella.

the end.

:lol:

the end.

Yeah..... just keep an eye on the Corrado spotting! was it you? thread.... may be the lad might put up his events on there :D

ROFL at bristolbaron, i ve called the pub and warned them there might be some sort of car stealing gang operating from the car park and they said this has happened before in the past... Gonna go back to the car park tonight in a different car and see if the guys car is there again and maybe follow him home and leave a nice fat turd on his bonnet for him to discover in the morning..a phantom pooing should sort him out

it has happened to me; not for my corrado, but for me: I mean, people wanting me.. :| and several times. All I did when this used to happen, was go to where I thought they would be waiting for me and just walk around them calmly. Yes, it may sound a lil like chuck norris but it's what I would do if I were you. I would drive the car to the pub, and wait for him. Risky, yes, but this is the only way you will sleep ok tonight with the car parked outside.

:lol: @ bristolbaron.

I wouldnt have gone home to be honest as they now know where its parked on a night. I'd have driven round until i lost them, then gone home.

Take the steering wheel off or the wheels off. Make sure it doesnt go anywhere. If you pull the fuel pump relay it can still be towed away. - not wanting to put the frighteners into you btw. :D

Good luck tonight... let us know if you have any findings :D :D :D

We could ALL turn up at this pub and really freak him out? :lol:

Nasty stuff :( Happened to me when I was living in Canterbury. I took a very convoluted journey home to lose the guy- thought I was being paranoid! Drove down to some garages where there are no houses and parked up. Low and behold, a few seconds later, the same guy appeared around the corner and stopped in the middle of the road. I got out and started to walk towards him, and he reversed out really quickly and sped off. Not a nice experience. Thankfully I kept the car in another garage block.

You'v gotten me further into the plans of installing a spy cam with live feed from the C - so I can chase down and destroy some knees if anyone ever touches it.......:)

leave the outside light on where your car is parked and using the mini camera that everyones on a bout get filming see if they come around!

also have the .22 loaded on a bipod on the window sill, ready to take pot shots :snipersmile:

Or maybe hang up some big banners saying "mess with my C - the basement is next" .....and I got a .22 to do the walking.............F'off........... :hitler:

invest in a nice warm sleeping bag

chop off a few limbs so you (and your kitchen appliances, and rifle) can fit into the boot of the car.

await aforementioed toerag to attempt theft

"here's johnny"...

hide body in bushes, or get some of them pigs/hogs that can munch through flesh and bone (like in the film Hannibal)

the end, everyone lives happily ever after, god bless the Corrado