Sign in to follow this  
leeeeshad

Central locking pump run on

When I unlock my car, the pump keeps running for about 40 seconds after all the doors have unlocked, its fine when locking, is there a pressure switch on the system or something?

cheers

its an air leak , the 40 seconds or so is max run auto shut off , mine would do it if i left it for a few days and the air leaked out of the tubes sometimes i would need to lock and unlock again to pop the locks ,its a pain but as long as the door unlocks no worries

Rob

Guess Im going to be chasing pipes allover the car then, and the 1st thing anyone says when they get in my car is "whats that noise?" lol

I locked the car and put my finger over the air outlet on the pump to seal it but it still ran on as before, so i take it the pump is broken? I doubt theres a pressure switch anywhere else?

mine was the same when it was sorn and in my garage, i would unlock it and you could here the pump over running ,use my c as much as i can now and it seems to have stopped.

I Sorted this in the end, I bought a replacement pump, but then i took mine apart, and found a little diaphragm that had popped open, i clipped it back together and now it works :D