Sign in to follow this  
Tekara

A sad day, whats it worth?

Well it’s finally happened, it seems it’s time to part ways with the Corrado for the time being in favor of something newer.

Having been out of the buyer / sellers market for some time so I’m at a bit of a loss as to what things are worth. So with that said, any ideas what my beloved Rado is potentially worth?

Basic outline

95 M reg VR6 – 150k

Fully re-sprayed

Weitec HiCon GT coilovers

Passat 288mm and Mk4 rear brakes

Rebuilt head at around 120k

VW Motorspot VSR Inlet

Schimmel 263 Cams

Remap from Stealth Racing

Rebuilt gearbox around 125k

Mocal 13 Row oil cooler

Vibratechnic Front Mount

BMC Induction Kit

Magnex Catback exhaust

VDO gauge pod

16” Speedlines

Absolutely loads of parts replaced in my 5 years of ownership, pretty much name it and its been done – I’ll list it all if I do go ahead, and to aid the visually inspired I'll pop some pictures up later.

I have no clue as to what it'd be worth, at a guess 4k-ish. Maybe more, maybe less, depends on the quality of the respray too.

If anything sell the VSR seperately and put the car up for 500 less. It'll be easier to sell that way i reckon.

Can we see some pics of her?

£3 - 4k ish I would guess. Reasonably high mileage but good work/mods carried out.

A list of known faults would probably be better.

Problem is that things like the manifold are worth £900+ off the car but not really on it.

Considered selling some bits separately but still leaving enough to make it stand out along with shiny new paintwork?

as already said, sell the schrick/cams with the ecu for about £1200, sell the bmc for £100, and still sell for about £3k ish.

A list of known faults would probably be better.

Errr...... Thats a tough one, pretty much when i've found a fault i've fixed it. Steering isnt as sharp as id like, tiny scuff on the corner of front bumper, would be nice to have rebuilt the bottom end but doesnt need it, its not new.

Honestly there is very little to pick out - the part im dreading is finally totting up what i've spent on it.

as already said, sell the schrick/cams with the ecu for about £1200, sell the bmc for £100, and still sell for about £3k ish.

Good point, i'd prefer not to pull it apart, but guess that's going to be the way to get sensible money for it.

Hi Ross,

Why are you selling? Surely for the cost of keeping/running it vs rewards, there's not alot else out there to touch it!

Rgds Charlie

Wow. Didn't think you'd sell.

To be honest I think you're being way too picky on the faults. It's a stunning car.

Definite thumbs up for a good car, I remember when you first pitched up in the car and it was in good nick then, all the right things have been done in your ownership and hopefully someone will get a great car.

As for price 4k is not too silly given the mods but you might struggle to get people to come and have a look to start with.

Yeah I remember Ross being as fussy as I am with his VR6, so this is defo a sound purchase.

Brilliant engine spec and resprayed? It doesn't really get much better as an OEM+ proposition imo.

Gotta be worth £5K as it is :shrug:

If people pay £17K for a VRT and £20K for a MK2 with an engine transplant, then there has to be some value in well prepared standardish cars?

NickVR6 expressed an interest in it, maybe get him back into the fold? :D