KipVR

NEW Corrado 2012

IF they ever will bring it back into their production line I really hope it will be somewhat near the shape of the original - although I'm not convinced they will. I kinda like the new Scirocco as well - but it bear not much resemblance (or however one spell that) to the original.

it got to get lower at least:

hnaiwxk5csxirv91.jpg

That really is a scary photograph. I don't think I ever quite appreciated how utterly huge the new Scirocco actually is. A pretty shape, but what a tank.

Relatively its not though, the old Rocco and Corrado are pretty small. I notice this when its parked at work next to newer cars.

Purely because all modern cars are bloaty monsters? Like the new Daleks, :pukeright:

Just not sure whether to believe it. Have heard rumours of new Corrado's for at least a decade now and they've never yet come to fruition. But then VW say that sales of the Scirocco have exceeded their expectations so.. who knows?

new corrado.jpg[/attachment:3omvzm91]

I can definatley see the progression between ours and this. I like it.

Relatively its not though, the old Rocco and Corrado are pretty small. I notice this when its parked at work next to newer cars.

The MK3 Scirocco might be significantly wider, but is actually a very similar length to the original MK2 Scirocco!

If they are going to make a new Corrado I wish they'd get a move on. At this rate I'll get a birthday card from the queen before I see one

I asked Joe (sonicriot13) about this as he's a salesman but he hadn't heard anything and he also made the good point that VW already have one coupe, what would be the point of bringing out another to compete with it?

I can't see it happening. It would compete with the scirocco and the TT so there is no point. Also, the scirocco is a far more well known name than the corrado. The point t of re-using an old name is to build on the previous reputation and following. The corrado never sold very well so I couldn't see the point of using the name while we have a scirocco.

Anyone seen this? Not from VW but would be pretty happy if they made one!

its like a cross betwewen an elise and a corrado. i love it :luvlove:

I can't see it happening. It would compete with the scirocco and the TT so there is no point. Also, the scirocco is a far more well known name than the corrado.

Come on im a car freak and i didnt know what a rocco was till i took an interest in rado's... My point being im 21, the scirocco is a fair bit older than me tbh, to the current 30+ generation it might be well known but i dont know many people my age who have any interest in roccos or even know what one is. Point being, in 5 years or whatever we will most likely be the target market for a new coupe thus making the corrado perfect!

No offence to the old rocco owners or anything but i dont see them having any following in comparison to the corrado.

Could vw not make it on the A5 platform seeing as all their cars are about 30% fatter than they were 10-15 years ago? Makes sense to me, vw need a proper supercoupe!

Could vw not make it on the A5 platform seeing as all their cars are about 30% fatter than they were 10-15 years ago? Makes sense to me, vw need a proper supercoupe!

My brother has an A5 but it's more like a Grand Tourer than a Coupe. They are a big heavy car and you know it under hard braking :wink:

Come on im a car freak and i didnt know what a rocco was till i took an interest in rado's... My point being im 21, the scirocco is a fair bit older than me tbh, to the current 30+ generation it might be well known but i dont know many people my age who have any interest in roccos or even know what one is. Point being, in 5 years or whatever we will most likely be the target market for a new coupe thus making the corrado perfect!

No offence to the old rocco owners or anything but i dont see them having any following in comparison to the corrado.

:lol:

Any idea how many more Scirrocos were built than Corrados?

There's now 3 generations of them. The originals were built from 1974 to 1992.

They were sold along side the corrado?

Either way, still an old school car for the older folk imo. If they had badged the new rocco as a corrado wouldnt that make it 2 all? lol

I have to be honest, I love the new Scirocco, but the original still has that special something. There's loads of (new) Sciroccos around now, I think the name has lost its exclusivity, and I think that'd be a risk if they did make a new Corrado too

They were sold along side the corrado?

Either way, still an old school car for the older folk imo. If they had badged the new rocco as a corrado wouldnt that make it 2 all? lol

Yup, there was a J plater at BVF for sale. Looked tidy. What about the fact that the Corrado was supposed to be the Mk3 Scirroco, or the fact it made a loss and didn't sell that well?

The Corrado was a low end Porsche equivalent back in the day, I can't see the new Scirroco, or an A5 based coupe taking on the Boxter or Cayman. The new Scirroco isn't a Scirroco either TBH, if it had been called a Corrado we'd all be calling it an abomination to the name because it doesn't break all the time, the door handles work and it doesn't have a spoiler that moves up and down.

But imagine if they made a new corrado to compete with the cayman with a spoiler that goes up and down lol. Then we'd all be happy right?

Im sure the rado sold poorly due to its pricing which aparently was high at the time (similar story as the mazda rx7)..

Personaly not convinced they will bring out a new corrado - and not sure if it will be all that good for us as to the "exclusivity" of the name and the car as it stands today :).

But did VW actually expect the Corrado to bring in much money - IIRC there have talks about the Corrado beiing more of a "show of car" than a car they actually ment to make big profits on.

If this hold true though - I don't know :)

I think if they were to make a Corrado badged coupe then it would be an evolution of the Sciricco, just like in the early 90's, so theres no point in ruling the possibility out altogether just because the Scirocco is in production.

The thing is, the Corrado name/image as far as i can see was never looked down on or seen as a disappointment. Yeah it was a sales flop, at 20000 pounds + back then it was bloody expensive, and seeing as you could have a Golf with a VR6 engine which was a few thoasand less and more practical...

In my opinion the Corrado was much more respected than the Scirocco, and still is to this day. So it's got more to live up to, maybe when people are bored with the Scirocco and VW release a much better looking and better performing coupe (with AWD) then people will be queing up to trade in their old roccos for one?

when VW release a much better looking and better performing coupe (with AWD) then people will be queing up to trade in their old roccos for one?

dont want to labour the point but really, like i said on page 1, they already did. its the TT, its been around for over 10 years and isnt going to be replaced anytime soon by anything with a VW badge on it....

I hear you, but, its an Audi.

Audi have the S3, VW have the Golf R.

Audi have the S4, VW have the Passat R36.

Audi have the TT, VW have the Scirocco.

Whats to say that the Scirocco won't be improved and be rebadged as a Corrado when VW are confident enough that it lives up the name?

It may never happen, but i wouldn't rule it out all together.

when VW release a much better looking and better performing coupe (with AWD) then people will be queing up to trade in their old roccos for one?

dont want to labour the point but really, like i said on page 1, they already did. its the TT, its been around for over 10 years and isnt going to be replaced anytime soon by anything with a VW badge on it....

I have to disagree with you VW does have many cars the are directly competing with theyr audi relatives - I would agree though that from the VAG line today the TT is the car that stands out as the one beiing mostly related to the Corrado.

I have to disagree with you VW does have many cars the are directly competing with theyr audi relatives - I would agree though that from the VAG line today the TT is the car that stands out as the one beiing mostly related to the Corrado.

From what I've seen in the past VW will always protect the Golf. Back in the Corrado days even the Storm wasn't as highly specced as the Golf VR6 Highline (the Highline had air con as standard). Today the Golf R is AWD while the top end Scirocco is FWD. I'm not sure that will change for a car with a VW (rather than Audi) badge on it.