Sign in to follow this  
manps

how do you make golf mk3 red rears indicate orange

Hello people. i got a set of red rear lamps that have been tined sprayed. i got a set of resistors and a led bulb, anyone know how to connect the resistor on these golf mk3 cars. i have dont it on the corrado with no problems and n it can be done on golf mk3, but i need directions on where to tap the resistor too, can anyone help

the green bulbs only work for laminx sticky

Sorry can't help with your problem but how have you found the LED's with red tinted lights on your corrado? reason is i have been thinking the same thing and spraying my crystals and putting orange LED's in.

Sorry can't help with your problem but how have you found the LED's with red tinted lights on your corrado? reason is i have been thinking the same thing and spraying my crystals and putting orange LED's in.

Fitted the resistors and LED bulbs to mine mate, It does show up better than the standard bulbs, but is not perfectly orange. It does give the rears a really crisp, ON/OFF flash though, if you follow me.

Not tried green bulbs though, although i did buy some green glass paint and a set of brushes so i might have a go.

Then again i might not, as my all reds have faded almost back to all orange now... :lol:

Gonna try some Laminex on a fresh set i reckon (if I can get hold of a set for a decent price)

does any1 know how to fit these resistors to a golf mk3, where do i tap the resistor too,

on the corrado it was easy and just slots on the back on pin labeled bl etc, what about golf

Hello mate,

Do you have an electrical tester?

If you have one that lights up...

Find an earth (Should be obvious, and connect one side of the resistor to it.

Then pop your indicator on, and prod each wire till you find the one that makes the tester flash each time the indicator does. That's what you connect the remaining side of the resistor to.

If you have a volt meter, it's the same as above but just replace the 'flashing' with 'alternating voltage' between 0v and 12ish volts.

Neil.