Sign in to follow this  
Phil K

Closure

when I use the 'auto up' for my drivers window it only goes about 75% and then stops... also does this when I arm the alarm. It seems the motor doesn't think it's fully open - Is there a way of re-setting the mechanism or do I need new parts? BTW, this has only happened since the battery was disconected for a couple of days...

Thanks for any help :)

What alarm do you have? I think you have to 'program' the full-closure on some of them. Cliffords seem to keep rolling the windows up until the thermal fuse kicks in, but some alarms work on a preset closure time, so if the window slows down with old age? Dunno....consult the alarm manual?

You have an auto-up feature??

Yup.. only on the drivers door - just press and hold button for a bit longer than a tap and it keeps going up - all the way to the top if your c is riddled with as many problems as mine :lol:

I'm just thinking that if the battery was off for two days, it might have lost it's setting and the alarm perhaps 'takes over' the closure system from the factory controller? I'm assuming the window rolls up at a constant speed and then just stops? Sounds like a timing thing....

K

Don't they all close the windows when you lock the car with key? mine will put the windows up if you hold the key in the lock position for longer than a second.

i had this with my old car. i had a window closure setting that got messed up when i disconnected the battery

to solve it. open the windows and sunroof. disconnect the battery for 15 mins (have to make sure its not a rainly day then!!) then reconnect the battery and arm the alarm, the windows and sunroof should close fully. this sets the amount of time the negative pulse should run for and (if there is nothing wrong with the alarm) it will remember this for the future!