OSV

Compomotive MO 8x17 Classic 5-Spoke Ltd Edition

ok im a bit confused with all this et business i currently have 312mm tt discs with porsche calipers and my wheels are bbs rx2 7.5*17 et 35 and to clear the calipers i need 10mm spacers making a et of 25. will i need et 25 compomotive or could i go back to et35 because of the extra caliper clearance. thanks for any help.

With these wheels you should be fine without any spacers and still be able to run an ET35 and easily accomodate 312mm brakes even with the Porsche calipers check out the diagram. E-Mail compomotive if you need true confirmation

well ok im definatly in then for payment end of september feel a bit daft as 312mm brakes are not even that big its just the clearance from the caliper to the back face of the wheel ive been having trouble with. Thanks :D

no, you're right, thats the important bit to worry about. you need to measure from the outside of your caliper to the face of your disc and then compare that to the diagrams earlier in the thread. it should be ok but thats the important bit - as you say, the disc size isnt an issue with 17s

Mmmmm, perhaps Dukest could clear out all the crap too, so there's just the list, and relevant posts (ie to do with caliper clearance)

have you measured your brembos for clearance yet? how you finding the braking with them :norty:[/quote:1wu3x27v]

Well the strange thing is I've got virtually micrometres of clearance on one side, then at least 2mm on the other... not sure why that is :lol:

I made a mate nearly choke on his tongue when giving a demo of their stopping power... and on the tight twisty roads I've had the back step out a few times when turning under heavy braking, nothing I couldn't control though, but shows just how light the back gets when braking with the 4 pots on.

I'm probably gonna be going down to the Compomotive factory (one of my mates works opposite there pretty much and knows Chris/Christian there) so they'll measure it all up for me and work out the optimum offset for spacing and stance etc

sounds spot on :D might have to join you up there, think its about 2 hour drive from me

and i love showing people how well my car brakes, they usually think their about to die :lol:

thread tidied a little bit, but not too much to make sure any preferences people expressed are still recorded.

also added extra names to the front page of people that also showed interest and have PM'd them all to see if they still are.

Gareth, would you also be interested in going along to the factory and either way, if some people wanted to, would you want to talk to Comp about that or maybe let Ben talk to his mate there?

silver, grey, black, white and gold. Other colours to order plus £10 per rim

I'll leave it until early next week and see where we are then, i'm sure we would get a reduced price with less than 10 confirmed but inevitably it is likely to be less generous. With any price increase i'm sure we'd loose people, the closer we are to 10 the more chance of preserving the price.

F'ck it, you only live once. I'm back on the definite list.

TBH, as lovely and light as the 7x17 ProRace are, they look weedy and pathetic from behind. I want to inject some more manliness into my car's lines again. As Dukest said, even if I don't fit them immediately, it would be rude to miss out on a good price.

So, just 2 more names then....

F'ck it, you only live once. I'm back on the definite list.

TBH, as lovely and light as the 7x17 ProRace are, they look weedy and pathetic from behind. I want to inject some more manliness into my car's lines again. As Dukest said, even if I don't fit them immediately, it would be rude to miss out on a good price.

So, just 2 more names then....

:clap:

i did say I'd go in as no. 10 at the start if it needed someone to make it happen so only really one left..

My insurance has come through so no chance for me in this. :(

Who needs insurance when you can have MO5s :norty:

so close, cant wait to hand over the money tbh, and its not often you say that!!

and good on ya kev, they are going to loook sweet you wont regret it :D

My insurance has come through so no chance for me in this. :(

Who needs insurance when you can have MO5s :norty:

I genuinely wish that the police would accept that as a rebuttle to "why has your car no insurance sir?"