OSV

Compomotive MO 8x17 Classic 5-Spoke Ltd Edition

if somone backs out n fails to pay deposit does the deal fall out of bed? will pay mine when i get back from hols on the 1st of sept ,will just have enough on me credit card :lol:

Don't worry about it, I haven't paid yet either. I keep forgetting to fish my credit card out the missus's 'secret' hiding place :lol:

I will be paying today though 8)

I do hope everyone comes through though because Gareth has put together a great deal for us and gone to a lot of trouble :salute:

im paying my 50% a week today :clap:

up there with the best deals i have got, £1000 set of wheels for £600, cant be bad 8)

plus, they are going to look the nuts, cant wait to see all our cars running them, happy days as they say

Just called James and paid for mine 8)

What a top bloke! Really friendly and chatty!

Just to clarify, at this stage Card numbers and card holder / delivery addresses are taken down, but the 50% deposits won't be taken until everyone has phoned him and 'signed up' as it were.

I also had a friendly chat with him about the paint finish as I've had blemishes and poor quality paint on a previous set I've bought from them. He said the paint shop has been upgraded at least twice since my last set and they constantly try and improve the finish, so that's good. Another benefit of these wheels is it is a brand new cast and not a 'well used' one, plus our batch being a first run, so they should be crisp and blemish free :D He also reassured us that if there are any complaints about the finish, call him immediately and they will deal with it. Can't say fairer than that.

Silver centre caps are the only ones they currently offer and "Compomotive" is embossed on one of the spokes and not a decal like some of their other wheels.

I've updated the 1st page to indicate who's called James and 'paid', just so we can see how close we are to completion :D

Can folk please confirm when they've done it and I or Gareth will update it.

Silver centre caps are the only ones they currently offer and "Compomotive" is embossed on one of the spokes and not a decal like some of their other wheels.

This just gets better and better.

I've kept the blue alloy centre caps from my old set, hopefully they're the same centre bore... if not, I'll get silver ones painted the same blue when I get brake calipers done

I think the cap bore is the same on all their wheels, so your blue ones should still fit. I wanted blue ones, but James said they have a problem with their supplier and can't get them any more :(

They are ready to get moving on these and I got the impression they aren't going to wait around for ditherers, so as soon as possible please people, give James a ring :D As I say, no money will taken yet.

I think the cap bore is the same on all their wheels, so your blue ones should still fit. I wanted blue ones, but James said they have a problem with their supplier and can't get them any more :(

They are ready to get moving on these and I got the impression they aren't going to wait around for ditherers, so as soon as possible please people, give James a ring :D As I say, no money will taken yet.

The caps were my mates, who had a bigger bore on his for some reason... so he had to use Team Dynamics caps, carbon fibre ones and sold me these.

If they don't fit, I'll sell them on, and should make back all the cost of the silver ones

Just spoken to James on the phone, confirmed I'm going down next friday, to see the different colours, check the caliper clearance and pay deposit

Just spoken to James on the phone, confirmed I'm going down next friday, to see the different colours, check the caliper clearance and pay deposit

good lad, meet you down there then!!

good lad, meet you down there then!![/quote:1fme4b1u]

James said they'll probably be shut between 1-2, but if I get down for soon after 11ish which is what I was planning, that shouldn't be a problem.

OK, here's the definitive info. I have just got off the phone to James and this is the position.

We have negotiated the following

To be included in this group buy an order and deposit must be placed by absolutely no later than Friday 3rd September. After that date a production run will have commenced and the one off price will not be repeated.

However as long as the Group buy procceds smoothly individuals who miss the deadline mayl be able to secure some discount if contacting James @ Compomotive and mentioning the group buy. They will not however get close to the price of the group buy

The best news of all and the hard part to secure.I was anxious that all members who place orders on time well before the deadline should not miss out if for some reason we fell short of the 9 required. We now have an assurance that if you order and pay a deposit before 03/09/10 the order will be processed at the agreed price regardless. Please lets support this generous discount and confirm our orders. Thanks

what time wil you be getting to the factory mate?

what time wil you be getting to the factory mate?[/quote:weicub0d]

Thinking shortly after 11am, traffic dependant

yeah im hoping to get there for then, we are picking up a new car for my mrs from manchester or leeds after or before, hopefully after we have been compomotive

yeah im hoping to get there for then, we are picking up a new car for my mrs from manchester or leeds after or before, hopefully after we have been compomotive[/quote:1tocbjq4]

"Manchester or Leeds" is quite specific :roll: :lol: