OSV

Compomotive MO 8x17 Classic 5-Spoke Ltd Edition

Just out of interest, to cure my curiosity etc, can someone PhotoShop these in OEM silver onto an Aqua Blue VR?

Much ablidged.

I noticed :( never mind! Want my speedlines refurb'd but there's only one company really doing them in Norwich and he wants £295 to drop the car off! Thought that was a bit steep so trying to get a spare set of speedlines or steelies on the cheap so I can strip the tyres off etc. and get em done a bit cheaper!

Just a quick question about these wheel. I'm looking at getting a set after Xmas with my bonus :D what et did you boys get for the VR6 ? I'll be running some 288mm brakes on the front, and what if any other information will they need when I order them from Compomotive. And if I decide to go to 312mm fronts will they still fit ?

ET35 are perfect for the VR6 they clear 288 and 312mm with ease

Thanks for that, and I take it that the centre bore is 57mm

cant believe i fitted mine then the tax was up bummer , she is in winter storage now , havent even driven it with the new rims on :( . thinkin bout puttin some tax on , but this crapy wheather is no fun to drive in .

ET35 are perfect for the VR6 they clear 288 and 312mm with ease

Thanks for that, and I take it that the centre bore is 57mm

they are supplied for the specific fitment that you order, so yes VW fitment, no spigots, adaptors or spacers required

sorry if i missed any bits ,but did anyone find different centre caps for the compo's ? or did they get painted ? thanks rob

Just a quick update. I phoned James at Compomotive on Friday to ask for a quote for these wheels. I told him that I was on the forum and missed out on the group buy as I didn`t have the funds at the time. I was expecting to be told that these are going to to be atleast £1000, but was very happy at the quote James gave me of £759 inc VAT and P&P. This price James said that he could keep for me till the end of Janurary as metal prices are going up. So if any one is interested then give Compomotive a Ring, I`ll be ordering mine on the 28th Jan :D

I take it that price is just for the wheels? Still need tyres on top?

If anyone has a 4x100 set they want to get rid of, let me know! I can swap my 16x8 D90's too!

I take it that price is just for the wheels? Still need tyres on top?

If anyone has a 4x100 set they want to get rid of, let me know! I can swap my 16x8 D90's too!

yes, that'll be just the wheels. i think only one person got them in 4x100 so i wouldnt hold your breath on that front!

These are possibly the most sexiest wheels I have seen on a 'rado. :luvlove: :luvlove:

Stick your hand in your pockt then mate and get a set :D

I had no interest in these when the group buy started.....BUT having seen them in the metal fitted to Robrado's car, damn they are amaaaaaazzzzzzing :luvlove:

If I could, I would. They are almost the best wheels I've seen a Corrado!!!

I had no interest in these when the group buy started.....BUT having seen them in the metal fitted to Robrado's car, damn they are amaaaaaazzzzzzing :luvlove:

n i keep telling you nooooooo.. you are not using em while the vr is in winter storage :lol:

n i keep telling you nooooooo.. you are not using em while the vr is in winter storage :lol:

Can't you just let try one on to see what its like mate, please!!!!

Word of warning here. I buckled one of my TH2's on Friday and it looks like it cannot be put back to perfect condition. I phoned Compomotive about a replacement and my thoughts were confirmed. I have to wait for a certain number of wheels in my size to be ordered before a single wheel can be made so Im in limbo. It could be 2 weeks it could be 2 years!!!

Don't drive into pot holes then :lol:

I know all about that though, in all seriousness. I buckled a ProRace 1 a couple of years ago (rock on a motorway I couldn't avoid) and there was no way to replace it other than s/hand ebay ones, which in 5x100 57 CB are rare as sheet....

In some respects this is why for the 2011 season, I am Mr OE. Speedos are plentiful if you buckle one, the car drives feckin sweet as on them, 288 discs don't cost £450 to replace, 288 pads don't cost £250 to replace.....etc.

The only downside of being Mr OE is not a lot happens when you press the middle pedal (I've got a project on the go to correct that) and the car looks, erm, bland as you like.

So, who wants to buy a set of MINT 8x17 Comp MOs then? :lol:

I know all about that though, in all seriousness. I buckled a ProRace 1 a couple of years ago (rock on a motorway I couldn't avoid) and there was no way to replace it other than s/hand ebay ones, which in 5x100 57 CB are rare as sheet....

In some respects this is why for the 2011 season, I am Mr OE. Speedos are plentiful if you buckle one, the car drives feckin sweet as on them, 288 discs don't cost £450 to replace, 288 pads don't cost £250 to replace.....etc.

The only downside of being Mr OE is not a lot happens when you press the middle pedal (I've got a project on the go to correct that) and the car looks, erm, bland as you like.

kev am very tempted, could you give me the specs and price etc.cheers andy

Word of warning here. I buckled one of my TH2's on Friday and it looks like it cannot be put back to perfect condition. I phoned Compomotive about a replacement and my thoughts were confirmed. I have to wait for a certain number of wheels in my size to be ordered before a single wheel can be made so Im in limbo. It could be 2 weeks it could be 2 years!!!

if it would be enough then perhaps buy 5 or 6 and then sell 4 off as a complete set to someone else? just a thought :shrug:

kev am very tempted, could you give me the specs and price etc.cheers andy

Sure thing....

Specs - 8x17, ET35, silver painted caps, standard silver finish.

Tyres - 215/40/17 Kumho KU31s.

Price - I'm happy to just get my money back on the wheels really, so £600 is the price. I won't take less than that, sorry :D The tyres are free and practically as new. They were only on the car for a couple of weeks or so.