Sign in to follow this  
SIMONG

not the best end to my day!!!

well it lashed it down today and my car was in my works car park. i was out doing work stuff and came back to this:

108_0230.JPG[/attachment:2lhq3x8a]

i was like ha look at that and didnt think any more off. this was about 4:10pm. that at about 5pm a member of staff came to me and saod any ones care in the care best get moved as the water is now up to his sills - and that a mk2 standard mondeo. i thought oh poo poo! when outside and the water is now that high i couldnt see the bottome two spokes of my wheels. and wass mm's from the tip of the exhaust.

one of the lads had already got his car out and was soaked so he got mine out for me so i didnt have to get wet. he opened the door and shputed i think you got a leak! there rear footwell was like a puddle! so got it oak and there smoke billowing from the exhaust and im thinkin s##t! but it appears jsut to be water vapour and has seemed to have cleared up.

got home and whent to get the VAX to suck the water up. when getting thatout the end if the hose hit the tank on my bike and put a chip in it! aarrhhhggg! got outside it it started to rain again! so seat is now getting rained on cause its out out of the car, and the vax is outside in the rain!

pluss side i seemed to get the carpet as dry as it was gonna get and also look pretty clean!

bad times!

wo thats not good ,but gives u a good exuse to clean the carpets :roll: reminds of when i whent to birmingham a couple of years ago in works transit ,left it in the carpark for the night and in the morning the water was over the sills and comin in thro the dash :(

just read what i wrote, how bad was that! i was partly watching a film so thats why my grammer and spelling is so bad im not really a spaztard!

but yeah it was well deep but least now i know for next time it lashes it down. just worried about underlying water in the footwell's think there's a hole in the floorplan somewhere so needs investigating! and then worrying bout the engine but think its all good.

how come with a corrado it always seems to be one thing after another! :scratch: is that just the carma of the car or is there a tiki god in there which volkswagen hide somewhere in the car when each one was built?

To be fair this is one of those occasions where the car can't take the flak! If you had parked a nice shiny Bugatti Veyron there, it would be just as soaked ;)

Glad it survived its soaking!

wow didnt realise it had rained that much! it did team it down here but it was that crap rain! so was no floods! :)