Sign in to follow this  
timmaaah

Aerial base rubber supplier

FYI - I have just purchased, from ebay, a replacement rubber for the aerial base.

The fit is fantastic. It's been tested with a garden hose and there are 100% no leaks. The cost was £4.50 delivered and arrived the next day. Here is a pic of it fitted (excuse the dirt).

Ebay no 360264497516 from this seller http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/car-masts-uk/.

Hope this helps if your rubber, like mine was, is all perished and crap looking!

TImmaaah

just had a look at the base on mine and spotted thats it fecked. sounds good, I'll search how to fit it ;)

just to point out, there are two types of aerial on the Corrado, late and early.

The early (I'm guessing '89-92) type is more angled than the later ones and uses a conventional car stereo fitment for the lead.

The seal mentioned above is for the late type corrado aerial, it's wider and shorter than the early ones.

you need to at least remove the rear roof trim piece and pop the top of the c pillar supports out a little, this allows you to jsut about get your arm under the headlining to loosen the aerial base nut.

I can't see how the fitting instruction on the e-bay ad would work, as you need to loosen the aerial to seat the seal properly, then tighten it up to make a good seal.

Jim, yes but only at the very back, the worst bit of the job is removing the rear roof trim that is bonded to the car body in the middle of the trim with mastic.

Carefully poke it and cut it with a sharp blade first then it'll pull free with ease. then one removed the rear of the headlining can be dropped down just enough to get your hands in with a 22mm? spanner to remove the base and hey presto :clap:

Worst bit is removing the trim after that its 15 mins including a bit of a polish to the roof once the ariel is removed :wink:

A tip when you are trying to re-thread the nut back on after you have fitted the new gasket is to get someone to push the ariel back to the body or gently pull in the cable till you get the nut threaded back on :grin:

Ah right, done 4 late cars and they all had the mastic in the middle, maybe early ones have tape? unless some folk will have a car that has had the trim removed beforehand which would be a bonus i guess if it hasn't been stuck back again with mastic :lol:

Then these are as you say the wrong gaskets anyway for early cars. :)