Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyVR6

Show me your wheels! Innit.

Chaps,

My standard Corrado VR6 steering wheel is looking a bit ropey. I can't find a mint, standard replacement, so I'm looking for advice on aftermarket items (OMP, Momo etc). Please show me yours!

What size do I go for? Where can I get them from etc? I don't want a chrome/bling Halfords looking thing, hopefully as standard as possible.

My hands tend to sweat a bit (how dodgy does that sound!) so maybe I'd be better off with suede?! :shrug:

Single best wheel for the C ...

Momo Runner:

http://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q= ... 80&bih=645

Ok, I give in. Where can I buy such things?! They don't even list it on the Momo website. I'd need one of those boss things too.

Cheers.

I guess mine won't cut it then?....lol....:

2920938193_0324aa2799_z.jpg

Not that I'd have many choices to choose from....lol...:)

Momo millenium is nice..... As I'm selling one ;)

Pics, price, postage etc? Does it come with a boss kit?

Cheers ez.

Can't beat the standard original VR6 wheel in my humble opinion. I honestly haven't seen a single aftermarket steering wheel that I prefer!

that's not bad actually, dont generally like non standard.

have you tried propper driving gloves? ok you might look a bit poncey but they're supposed to be good for dealing with sweaty palms.

I wish Demon Tweeks was closer... wanna try out all the wheels, see which I prefer :lol:

^^ Hi Ben Sheffield to Wrexham aint that far and some nice roads to check out en route. Would be worth the effort.

Can't beat the standard original VR6 wheel in my humble opinion. I honestly haven't seen a single aftermarket steering wheel that I prefer!

totally agree with that, I hate after market wheels so maybe not the thread for me to be commenting :lol:

^^ Hi Ben Sheffield to Wrexham aint that far and some nice roads to check out en route. Would be worth the effort.

Oh don't worry, I will be going... but given all the lovely things they sell, I'll need to have more than petrol money in my bank account :lol:

What he said :salute:

But can you still get them? I doubt the dealership still sell them, I gave up trying to explain to a German behind the counter I wanted a new steering wheel...

That suede Sparco one is pretty pimp if you ask me, gotta be fairly simple to fit too. Just one bolt and re-connect the horn?

You can still get them, but the price might not appeal to you... I believe they're in the region of £450 new from Volkswagen.

Next best step is a good used second hand one - I've picked up 2 now in the last few years (for both my valver and VR) for less than £50 a time and both have been in superb condition :)

... I believe they're in the region of £450 new from Volkswagen.

WHAT :shock: :o .......... :cuckoo: ....... :(

... I believe they're in the region of £450 new from Volkswagen.

WHAT :shock: :o .......... :cuckoo: ....... :(

did you expect anything different?! :D

if i could justify a new wheel this is what i'd get:

http://www.momousa.com/products/product ... eel-2.html

Montecarlo.jpg[/attachment:rteqxnpq]

i really hate the lumpy bits on the inside edge of lots of aftermarket wheels and all the shiny metal - to me this is better value than an an OE replacement (obviously) and a simple understated design that doesnt try to show off too much. when i last looked i'm not sure they actually sold them here though anyway - they're a US import job i think - just as well as it will put you all off buying one before me :)

I'm currently running the standard vr wheel although when i change it i'm going for either a momo jet or the classic BBS 3/4 spoke wheel that you can put the carbon insert in.

I've pretty much decided on the Momo Team (from either DemonTweeks or Venom), at a 300mm size.

Anyone had any dramas with going down to a smaller wheel or fitting an aftermarket steering wheel in the first place?

There's a company called Royal Steering in Oxford that can retrim your steering wheel for about £100. They also trade on ebay and offer a temporary reaplacement steering wheel. I had an E46 wheel retrimmed and it was really good quality work.