Sign in to follow this  
Dr Forinor

Urgent help with suspension please

i would say they might be a bit stiff? but have no idea

We need someone to have tried everything out there. Who's volunteering? :D

Certainly seems like good value but there's no telling what it will ride like until it's fitted :D You might just have to take a gamble mate!

Why not be the forum Guinea pig? :D Rob is guinea pigging the Gaz (not the Golds as previously mentioned, but the cheaper GHA or something) for us.

Ring up KW and ask them what the spring rate is on that kit as it will give you some idea of what to expect. I guarantee they are the harder 400lb front, 275lb rear rates that all German manufacturers seem to use.

I know I'm a bad influence :lol: No one who I've directly persuaded to open their wallets has regretted it though :wink:

How about I come up and let you veneer all my teeth? That'll pay for the V3s :lol:

@ Big Ben, sure thing, we can go out some note comparing excursions around Southam :D

Why not be the forum Guinea pig? :D Rob is guinea pigging the Gaz (not the Golds as previously mentioned, but the cheaper GHA or something) for us.

Yep the GHA kit is what I'm trying out, ~£540, cheaper than V1 but have 42 way adjustable damping and they let you choose the spring rates. Should be here next week hopefully :clap: so will be able to give a proper review!

@ Big Ben, sure thing, we can go out some note comparing excursions around Southam :D

I'll have the Gazzumpers on by then as well so I might pop along to offer another comparison 8)

....which leads nicely onto a "Let's all compare our suspension day" :D

We can get a bunch of different setups together and see who's got a soggy rear end, who's nice and stiff and who's is comfy etc etc!

Thats a good idea, I will ring up KW.

Remind me again, what spring rates are favourable for us?

No, I defo agree in that your choices are good, your suggestions are good, but your influence on the wallet is BAD!!!! :p But then thats why I do like your input, cos your opinion is always worth noting, and I know that. :)

Right, gonna make a call to KW soon enough...

EDIT: I dont like this business if you guys getting together down wherever you guys are, move up to scotland!

Thats a good idea, I will ring up KW.

Remind me again, what spring rates are favourable for us?

No, I defo agree in that your choices are good, your suggestions are good, but your influence on the wallet is BAD!!!! :p But then thats why I do like your input, cos your opinion is always worth noting, and I know that. :)

Right, gonna make a call to KW soon enough...

EDIT: I dont like this business if you guys getting together down wherever you guys are, move up to scotland!

60nm Front and 40nm rear. Or 60 x 5.7 = 342in/lb and 40 x 5.7 = 228in/lb in old money.

These rates work best with adjustable damping imo. Does that £400 kit have AD?

LOL, no area of this country is out of reach, it's only 900 odd miles from one extreme to other :D There are guys in America who travel 3 days to get to a show and don't complain about it :p :lol:

Due to the engine weight on a VR I'd assume the handling would be different so not a straight comparison, but I have nothing but praise for the KW spring/shock kit I recently fitted to my 8v. Not crashy, firm but comfortable, doesn't bounce round corners and lowers the car pretty nicely. Maybe not low enough for the hardcore but it's my daily and I don't wanna lose the comfort of the car. I only have a well worn standard "4X4" set up to compare it to but I'm really happy with it!

Thats it, I'm gonna forget calling them, I'm gonna be the guinea pig for this KW Suspension kit :)

That's it settled.

Thank you everyone for helping me out, you really did help, a lot!

Good man :D

Shame you're so far away mate as a test drive would confirm that you need some V3s in your life :D

I'm still paying you a visit at some point Kev! :D

I am getting these for £382 (brand new btw), which is a substantial saving. I'm thinking may aswell give them a try instead of the fixed damping of the KW kit?

Yay or nay guys? I'm thinking yay, please say yay damnit!

Well I hope you guys are thinking "yay", cos I've ordered them (couldnt wait at that price :p)

should have got V3's! you will end up with them if you try them! :)

Welcome to the Guinea Pig club :cheers: worth a try if you can get them for £380, bargain if they're normally £560!

Hehehe, thank you :D :D

That's what I thought, they are definitely worth a try at £380, even if they do end up being not all that great, at least more adjustability option than the fixed KW suspension kit at £385.

So yeh, shall try & test it out for you lot. When do I get my official Guinea Pig Club badge? 8)

Well I hope you guys are thinking "yay", cos I've ordered them (couldnt wait at that price :p)

should have got V3's! you will end up with them if you try them! :)[/quote:11n1n3yj]

I know mate, like I said before, I really REALLY want them, but just financial situation at the moment means it would be a silly move if I went for them. That's the only reason I am not going for them.

Hey ho, just means we'll (collectively) have tried another suspenion kit to add to the knowledge base :D

For £382 I don't think you can go wrong tbh! If you go in with an open mind, I don't think you'll be too dissapointed if you don't like them, given the price. Just flog them on ebay if you hate them!

And then you can buy the V3s and realise you've effectively paid £1582 for suspension you're happy with instead of £1200 :wink: :lol:

Seriously though, it's a gamble we all take and good luck with it. I knew feck all about the KW or V3s when I got them but thank god they turned out OK! TBH, when I first saw KWs, I thought they were purple and yellow chavvy looking peices of schitt :lol:

and should get money back from sale of your remaining intact units to help minimise the cost

Kev: Thats what I thought, definitely worth a try at that price eh :)

The garage where I have put the Corrado to get fixed in at, they said they can get it for that price, wasn't going to argue really :D