Sign in to follow this  
bigg60

WHY HAS THE CORRADO GOT SUCH A GRIN FACTOR?

For me the Corrado is the only car I've found that can match an alfa sud for handling, grip, responsiveness & steering feedback and that is why it gives me such a grin factor..... oh and all the extra ponies compared to the sud.

Unfortunately build quality is about the same & reliability is worse than a sud!

God awful looking thing the Sud, and with the structural integrity of Richard Dreyfuss's mash mountain in Close Encounters...... but it did have equal length drive shafts which was responsible for it's decent handling and lack of torque steer.....

For me the Corrado is the only car I've found that can match an alfa sud for handling, grip, responsiveness & steering feedback and that is why it gives me such a grin factor..... oh and all the extra ponies compared to the sud.

Unfortunately build quality is about the same & reliability is worse than a sud!

God awful looking thing the Sud, and with the structural integrity of Richard Dreyfuss's mash mountain in Close Encounters...... but it did have equal length drive shafts which was responsible for it's decent handling and lack of torque steer.....

How a Corrado owner can say that a Sud is awful looking escapes me cos i think the C looks fairly similar to the last of the suds. i.e. 1.5ti Green Cloverleaf. Then again maybe I just have poor taste & am blind. :)

As for stuctual integrity.... lets not go there. All I'll say is I had 3 rear axles go on me, in each case the sping & damper went through the bottom of the axle beam. The paint did a fair job of holding the rest of the car together though. ;)

after reading all this and drivin it last night for the first time in a week, i REALLY REALLY want to keep it, been drivin my audi all week and dont get me wrong its a lovely car but gettin in the C last night seems to put horns on yer head :twisted: (if you know what i mean) can somebody come up with a fantastic excuse for me to have 3 cars that my mrs will beleive :lol: :lol: :lol:

I look like a grinning idiot when i am driving my corrado! :D

every time you drop it a gear and overtake someone i just cant stop grinning :evil:

I was at track school last night at Knockhill, after we had followed the instuctor in a pace car, we had an hours free track time. During this hour each of the 12 students had a 121 with one of the 3 instuctors, where you could let him drive the car so you could see what could be done.......

There were two of the instuctors' comments in particular that made me smile......

Standing in the paddock there were a load of other good, even exotic cars TVR Cerbra, Noble, Elise, Porsche 968, EVO 8. It was odd.....i was standing drooling over a TVR, and a yellow motorsport Elise with those yokohama road legal cut slicks, and smiling stupidly at the noble, the instuctor asked me what car was mine.....I said the corrado....he went "ooohh". To say I was surprised by this response is an understatement!

Then later when we were out on the track and he was driving mine.......having driven the other cars for only 3 laps.....he said to me at the end of the third....."do you mind if I go another couple, this is the best fun I've had all night!" I obliged as his driving was excellent to watch and be part of!

I had a good night!! (a couple of vids from last night can be seen here)

Just wanted to take another oppertunitu to big up the C!!! :D :D :D

my car will be running by the end of the month. its been a little over a year now since i have driven my own corrado. (i have been driving my friend steve's G60 every chance i get. im sure i will be sporting a grin as soon as my corrado is back in my hands... =]

Just gave a guy in what I can only assume was an Audi A3 1.8T a surprise this evening.. he flew past me as we went into a speed trap and we both levelled to 60MPH... I subtly slipped down into 4th, and then slightly later than the Audi I kinda gunned it.. he already had a lead but the trusty Corrado was pulling that gap back without any effort. We got to 90MPH on a 60MPH, and as you know I don't like booting it too much, so I let him drive off at 100MPH+ - but I think the point was made.

Don't dismiss the J plater ;)

And to keep it relevant.. it had me grinning from ear to ear. The G60 is just such an awesome machine :) :)