DarrenVR6

What's it worth thread? Mum's VR6!

Hi

Looking for some realistic advice for the value of my Mum's Corrado VR6.

This is one of those rare events that should get enthusiasts all excited - as it's one of those cars that has been pampered all it's life and used as my Mum's fun car.

Many years ago she fell in love with the Corrado and had a J reg G60 which was faultless, then moved onto a K reg VR6 which was stunning. Still wanting to keep a Corrado they splashed out on her current car which they purchased as an approved used VW from Sloane Square.

The car is a metallic black 96 N reg Corrado VR6. It is NOT a Storm - though it is one of the last ones made (you can also tell this from the sunroof switch gear - which if you really know your Corrado's will know that they changed at the last minute to use the one from the mark III Golf - rather than the rocker switch that used to appear on the older cars! -as a car mad 18 year old at the time I was quite the Corrado nerd!!! )

The car is absolutely stunning - it has full black leather interior with heated front seats. My parents also had VW at Sloane Square retro fit the car with Air Con - at it was the one thing that Corrado's didn't come with that they really wanted.

Well that was 13 years ago - and since then it has been my Mum's car - amassing an amazing 36,000 miles along with obligatory full Volkswagen service history. It's been fully garaged all it's life so as you can imagine it is in stunning condition - and not a hint of rust anywhere on the car. Everytime it's goes to VW to have it's yearly service all the mechanics start drooling over it!!

However now my Mum is getting on a bit and I'm thinking it's time to sell the car and get something a bit newer for her. So basically I wanted to get some honest opinion at to what this car would actually be worth? I'm not saying it's for sale yet though - as talking about selling it and actually doing it might be to different things for my Mum! She still loves the noise and power of that V6!!

Thanks for any help

Darren

if its as good as you say it might go for something more than £8k - everyone will have an opinion on this though ;)

amassing an amazing 36,000

Seems like a very cherished car with full VW service history

Thats a pretty low mileage too any other corrado VR6 lower than this. If I were you just buy it off your mum at a discount of course :D and keep it.

ha ha I would love to - I love that V6 too! However I do too many miles - so it would soon loose it's 'low mileage' benefit. I'd have to use it as my day-to-day car - so I'm hoping we'll be able to find someone that would want to continue it's pampered lifestyle!!

its only ever goping to be worth what someone is willing to pay for it imo, i would never pay anywhere near 8k for it as there are so many other cars id rather have for the money but obviously others may disagree?

id speak to your mum and try and agree a bare minimum youd accept then put it up for sale. if someone pays your asking price, quids in, if not prepare to drop it till your happy to not let it go any lower?

Good luck with it all and be nice to see some pics :)

I reckon if it is as minty fresh as you say, then £5-6k. This is all dependent on the service history and what you have had replaced, but maybe to the right person looking for a low mileage investment, then it would be worth a bit more.

Any pics of the car and where abouts in the country are you?

Personally, I think its worth around 2k :grin:

don`t look at the bubbles burst thread as you will in for a shock :) some might say its only worth 3.5k i would imagine 5k to 6k top line only my humble opinion, sounds lovely though get some piks up 8)

I'd suggest you make a good advert for it on Pistonheads at £6-7k. If it's as clean and as cherished as it sounds I think it'll easily sell to a real enthusiast. Don't take any crap from traders who'd tell you its only worth £4k and that they're doing you a favour taking it off your hands as it'll be up for sale later in the week at something ridiculous.

Would love to see some pictures of it. Not many around with that sort of mileage any more!

Only just spotted this thread -

Not taking anything away from how good this car may be - but a car that has done so little mileage although may have no rust and may be to in good condition, in my opinion has not been driven enough for its age and surely could have many mechanical problems around the corner. In my understanding mechanical bits need to be used to keep them working.

I would definetly want to know about the 2700 miles per annum, and what sort of length of journeys are done and how reguarly the car is actually used and what for.

I really do not mean to be rude - just my opinion and thought process.

For me personally, given the option for a spend of 8k I would buy something newer.

You do only need one buyer, so Good Luck, you never know, it may be exactly what someone is looking for.

It is actually worth contacting Motor Musuems with a car with such low mileage, they pay proper money and could well be interested.

The suspension bushes will still be an issue as it's still a 15 year old car. However, an immaculate body and interior will always be worth more to a buyer IMHO.

ha ha I would love to - I love that V6 too! However I do too many miles - so it would soon loose it's 'low mileage' benefit. I'd have to use it as my day-to-day car - so I'm hoping we'll be able to find someone that would want to continue it's pampered lifestyle!!

We all pamper them. With 36,000 on the clock though I know if I bought it I would seriously start uppin that milometer. It has to be done :D

I'd be of the ilk that 5-6k would be a v.good price for an immaculate tidy Corrado. Baring in mind that the C does suffer from the same problems most average mileage cars have had all these rectified by owners yet this would have all those to come.

To the right individual though you could get 7 ish; ideally you need 2 defo's to help price.

But like everyone else on here Show us the Pics

To add my bit as i've been down this road not too long ago. It's worth about 8K ish, okay I may be biased but mines a similar spec not a storm and done 41K i'm the second owner, i bought it when it was six months old with 5K on the clock.

I had mine on the market about 18 months ago, up for just under 9K. I had some serious people interested and allot of tyre kicking enthusiast's. I eventually saw the light and decided to keep it, i have no intention of selling ever now. i had some serios buyer wanting to part with round about 8K.

My advice is don't advertise here or pistonheads. but use the corrado club GB and classic car magazine, this is where the serious interest came from.

I'd say anything from 5k-9k, if its literally timewarp condition then towards the higher figure, if its got scratches dinks and marks and has done trips to the shops everyday and the engine has not got off its cold start map then the lower end of the price range.

Air con, good colour and leather coupled with that sort of mileage are hard to find, if its as good as you say then someone will want it and will pay appropriately, you cannot buy a newer Corrado than your Mums so it has alot going for it IF its mint...

Well 6 years later and the car is now for sale !!

It's now amassed 44,135 miles - and I'm pleased to say in those 6 years, it's been perfectly reliable !!

Have been advised that with something like this an auction is the best way to go - so it's up on eBay :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/142045298578?

If you have any questions feel free to drop me a line!

Cheers

Darren

Wow. With that mileage mate you should be up at least at £1500!!! I'll take it if you don't want to wait to hit that price!

Dude, nicest Rado ive seen for sale in a long time!!!!!!!

Tempted to bid and swap all the parts over haha

That's a nice looking Corrado, hope you've set a healthy reserve on it! If it was mine i would have sold it on the forum. Probably a lot less hassle.

Dude, nicest Rado ive seen for sale in a long time!!!!!!!

Cheers man - it is pretty special. Considering what else I've seen advertised as 'immaculate' this is in a different league! The leather interior is like brand new!

Perhaps I should point out that prospective buyers will have to be interviewed to make sure you're going to treat it in the way it's accustomed LOL !!