Sign in to follow this  
h6 vwc

r32 converted corrado....lsd

hey all, was just wondering if anyone who has r32 converted and fitted an lsd (i fitted wavetrac), whether it completely kills there wheelspin? i still get massive amounts through 1st and second gear and launches are a massive problem. all the vr6 owners that have fitted are enjoying no wheelspin and are very happy. i dont think its the extra torque (266lb/ft, 280hp) thats causing it as many vr6t owners do just fineif im right? the front end is rebushed, new balljointed, and suspensioned......tracking is ok, but all i can think is that as the r32 engine is sat at an angle in the bay (sloping towards transmission end), the shafts will also be at less than optimum angles and may be causing this?? i was going to trim the rear mount down to maybe cure this then go for computer 4 wheel align but was just wondering whether any of you had thoughts on what could be causing it?? thanks in advance ...

Too much power ! :D

the wavetrac wont stop it spinning,but you now are spinning both wheels,

Mine still spins.and i have the same sort of power as you :norty:

LSD is only so effective, if I give it the beans in low gears I still spin the wheels. 24v has a torque a lot lower down than the 12v as well, I found my 2.8 24v would spin the wheels a lot easier than when it was the 12v. What tyres do you have?

Lol kev point me in the way of more expensive goodies!! I guess 4 nw measured throttle inputs and short shifting are the order of da day.......but do u think da driveshaft angles cud be contributing or is that nonsense ive made up?

Its currently sat on 16" split rims on avon zv3 tyres(not my choice) wid good tread......but also on h n r 20mm spacers.......im nt a fan of this setup as it feels ther is too much lateral wheel movement at speed.

Buy some proper wheels the correct fitment and some better Tyres, that should help. It's also worth nothing that the throttle isn't an on off switch.... You can use part throttle from time to time. I'd recheck your tracking and camber and tyre pressures before spending any money.