Sign in to follow this  
jaded2882

Rado crash at Nurburgring

Now thats why I don't take my pride-and-joy, costs-me-bucks, Corrado VR6 round "da 'ring". Fact.

No more dangerous than any other stretch of track if you dont drive beyond your and the cars limits.

Video is not that clear but two things, he ignored the caution flag on the right hand side of the circuit and it looks like he was braking on turn in.....

Now thats why I don't take my pride-and-joy, costs-me-bucks, Corrado VR6 round "da 'ring". Fact.

No more dangerous than any other stretch of track if you dont drive beyond your and the cars limits.

Video is not that clear but two things, he ignored the caution flag on the right hand side of the circuit and it looks like he was braking on turn in.....

Yeah it did seem like very obvious 'driver error' but I guess it's the same old at least they seemed alright :)

I was just watching Police Camera Action (I have work early in the morning, I have no better way to spend my saturday evening :D ) and found it funny to see a Corrado on there being described as a "boy racer who doesn't understand how to emergency stop"

Just because there was a lot of smoke, they still stopped quickly, I thought that was a good thang :D

Yeah agree with Tandino, hard to get an idea of speed but it seemed to be faster than anything else, braking on turn in and probably worn axle bushes - sooo important on these cars!

worn axle bushes - sooo important on these cars!

My rear axle bushes are due again and I've decided I'm not keen on the PRS , so I'll be going with Vibratechnics ones. I'll let you know what they're like!

Looked more like lift off oversteer to me :shrug:

Not good though, isnt it like £1000/metre if you damage the barrier round the 'ring?

if it was mine i'd be happy that i crashed it driving it properly and not letting it rot away in a garage or scrapped for parts.

Not a UK car, numberplate is wrong colour on the front.

Looks like they managed to mount the kerb through an overly agressive turn in, unsettled the back end with the bump on the kerb resulting in the oversteer. Track was dry but it had been wet judging by the colour of the mud, just like most accidents really, speed was contributory but driver error being the main factor.

I suspect if the grass area had been dry it might have been recoverable but med sludge just made a big old slidey mess.

what will have added more upset to his situation would have been the bills the circuit would have handed him afterwards for the cost of the damaged armco (on both sides) plus the cost of recovering the car off the track. Not insignificant costs.

probably worn axle bushes - sooo important on these cars!

Does this make the car twitchy under braking?

Yes but only at the back end.

It's also worth noting that by lowering the car the rear brake compensator that lives on the rear beam does not work as well as it should, it's not so bad on around a 40mm drop but start slamming and you will get some issues.

My rear axle bushes are due again and I've decided I'm not keen on the PRS , so I'll be going with Vibratechnics ones. I'll let you know what they're like!

'PRS' ??

'PRS' ??

Passive Rear Steering, or as VW call it, "Track correcting bushes".

WTF? How the he'll does he manage to go onto the INSIDE of the bend? That corner is flat in 4th on decent Tyres in an average car, or only a dab or lift on road Tyres.

I've got poly bushes on the rear of mine if you want to try them out at all Kev.