Sign in to follow this  
stereoflaver

Cranking but not firing.

The corrado is cranking but not firing, fuel pump primes and theres power to the coil.

If I leave the ignition on the for a while the pump primes again and some relays in the engine bay start clicking on off really fast. Then while I was just sat, the rev counter jumped also there was a beep, 3 different beeps pause then 3 of the same different beeps. Its only been stood while I waited for a clutch master cylinder, got that fitted n bleed now it wont fire up ! HELP !!

GGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

The relays in the engine bay have now stopped clicking. I've got fuel to the metering head from the pump but not out the top to the injectors when cranking. now the battery is flat. please help !

The rapid relay pulsing sounds like the starter solenoid not getting enough juice? Maybe try a jump start or fully charge the battery overnight

The rapid relay noise happened when the battery had charge, now the battery is flat there is a different relay pulsing. Which is the ecu relay so I can rule it out. Could it be the ignition switch ? HELP !

ecu replay is 109, fuel pump relay is 167 (or 67), assuming its a VR? Wiggle the switch a bit when cranking to see if it starts. If so, there's one possible problem. Is there fuel at the rail? Remove the feeder pipe (top one on the rail) and see if there is fuel there. You've checked for a spark so apart from fuel thats all you need for it to fire. Crank sensor at the bottom of the engine may also be goosed, which will close the injectors.

I share your rage I have a similar prob with my 2L valver, got up this morning to go to work and the bloody fuel pump isn't kicking in :bad-words: :censored: but the fuse is ok as I have ruled that one out, I'm wondering if anyone may have an idea to what my prob could be, might just be that the fuel pump has givin up, last run on saturday as well, but me not havin any clue about cars other than how to drive them doesn't help, I have use of the other halves car so isn't too much of an issue, just frustrating as i love driving my C. If it turns out I need to get a new pump can anyone suggest a good place to order from

Cheers Guys.......

Well after some searching around I found the fault to be something behind the fuse box so I'm back to my happier self.......