Sign in to follow this  
SIMONG

flat tyre / spare wheel blunder!

set off home after work tonight and thought the steering was a bit off. didnt think to much to it until i hit some cats eyes on the motorway and it didnt sound right. i pulled off on the next junction, its not that far. popped my head out of the window. tyre's flat, balls! but its only flat at the bottom so could be worse! :lol:

i knew there was a petrol station round the corner so carried on to there. used the tyre compressor forgot to look at the pressure when i started to pump be when i did look it was 10 psi so it would of been less than that. pumped it up to 36 psi. waited a short while checked it, 35 psi. its leaking!

right then i'll put the spare on. i know its there because ive checked it before. suddenly realised its 4 stud and i have D90's with adapters on! f##kin c##k suckin w##ker etc then followed!

pumped the tyre up some more and set off home. got home no probs and still had good pressure in the tyre. now need a 5 stud porsche space saver. found some breakers localish that have some 944's in so will get on the blower tomoz and try and source one. prob need to get a new trye too cause the side walls prob gonna be fooked! but there 40's so not a right lot of side wall to start with.

tyre, flat, rant, done!

I did something similar recently. Got to edition38 and noticed I had a flat, must have been driving on it for 10 miles at least. I didnt even have a spare I took it out when I went on the track at Retro Rides Gathering, spent all the show day looking for a single wheel with a good tyre. :censored:

we did a road trip round europe instead of the first aid kit in the hump we had tyre weld x2 high viz jackets and a small but good first aid kit....

i dont carry a spare at all havent since ive had he car....

the tyre weld is pretty good..

I did something similar recently. Got to edition38 and noticed I had a flat, must have been driving on it for 10 miles at least. I didnt even have a spare I took it out when I went on the track at Retro Rides Gathering, spent all the show day looking for a single wheel with a good tyre. :censored:

U didn't, did u? :lol: :tongue:

only had the wheel brace and that aint gonna get the adapeters off!

camskill havent got any toyo px4's 205 40 16's in stock till november! but managed to get a pair of michelin 215 40 16's from work. part worn but plenty of tread £20! used one of those electric pumps that plug into the cig lighter. pumped it up and it managed to get me to work. big nail in the tyre and the side wall was knackered cause i ran it flat. :(

also managed to source a porsche (inflated style) space saver £45 delivered.

are those tyre filler type stuff not a nightmare to get off once used??

I'm not sure if I should own up to this but.... On aquiring an 8v daily I saw that the spare was in so much better condition than my Storms I swapped them over and felt very smug.

Kip pointed out that the Storm was 5 stud and my spare was now a 4 :epicfail:

And, if it wasn't for the half bottle of cava with T I'm sure I wouldn't have said that :lol: :drinking:

I'm not sure if I should own up to this but.... On aquiring an 8v daily I saw that the spare was in so much better condition than my Storms I swapped them over and felt very smug.

Kip pointed out that the Storm was 5 stud and my spare was now a 4 :epicfail:

And, if it wasn't for the half bottle of cava with T I'm sure I wouldn't have said that :lol: :drinking:

:lol:

Ah, but I can get carried away wanting bits to look clean and shiney.

I swapped them back over but not before I hadn't washed the Storm spare and tyre jelled it up 8)

only had the wheel brace and that aint gonna get the adapeters off!

also managed to source a porsche (inflated style) space saver £45 delivered.

I think I'd just take a socket along to remove the adapters, rather than spend £45 on a space saver that might not fit in the rear wheel well. :cuckoo:

surley a 16" space saver from a 944, same as the D90's, would fit in the wheel arch, front or rear. the rears are 8 inch wide and the space saver i guess would be at least half the size of that?

doh, thats me not reading it right. i know what you mean but i recken it should fit in the well. there seems to be a bit of space around the current space saver.